Metal Detector Reviews
One of the top questions we receive at Kellyco is: which metal detector should I buy? Read over thousands of our metal detector reviews written by real customers to help you find the best metal detector or accessories. See below for more metal detector reviews.
- Minelab Minelab Excalibur II Metal Detector with 10" Search Coil Review by Robert (Posted on May 22, 2022)
I bought my first Excalibur in 1993 while living on Long Island and would go out when I could. I hit beaches in the cold of winter and during the summer. I found some coins and junk. Finally, one afternoon on a small tucked away beach on the North Shore I got my first gold ring, it was small, but it was gold. I took an early retirement, and we went to the Finger Lakes Region of NY. I didn't detect much because I started a business. In the winter we would fly to FLA and California, and I would detect several beaches in the Los Angeles area. I found two nice gold rings and a religious pendant from Paterson NJ dated 1954. In 2010 I moved to FLA only 4 miles from the beaches and I go out 3-4 times a week and I finally learned the Excalibur very well. I currently own 5 Excaliburs. Two are the old with the lightning bolts and 2 are the blue model and the latest is the green one. I have done very well with them and have $2,000.00 worth of coins with over 300 rings, plus bracelets, watches, medallions, necklaces, 20 lbs. fishing sinkers, misc. items and 3 gold grills.
I use a lightweight straight shaft because the standard stock shaft is very uncomfortable after using it for 20 minutes. It is worth noting the Excal is heavy compared to the newer models. I have tried different Minelab detectors, I feel very comfortable using the Excal for many of the newer models have to many buttons to push and settings. Getting the Excal repaired can be costly but there are individuals who will repair and modify them for you. I find it to be a great machine for the beach. Three of my gold and diamond rings have been highlighted in magazine articles.
- Garrett Garrett ACE Apex detector with 8.5” x 11” Multi-Flex DD Raider coil with Wireless Headphones Review by Hill Billy Hill (Posted on April 19, 2022)
It will find it if it’s there. It found a small piece of silver about the size of a baby pea at 10 inches. Easy to use. The screen is a little small but still gets 5 stars .
- Garrett Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointer Review by Hill Billy (Posted on April 19, 2022)
Makes it so much easier to find stuff . Ingenious tool can’t be without it.
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro The Legend Pro-Pack Metal Detector Review by James (Posted on April 6, 2022)
I ordered a nokta legend propack,Tuesday afternoon received my detector Wednesday morning! Less than 24 hours! Great Service,Great packing on the order.
- Kellyco StuLine Signature Series 36" T-Handle Shovel by Kellyco Review by fm1971 (Posted on April 5, 2022)
This shovel does have a little extra weight. Looking it over i really think part of the extra weight comes from the steel rod that connects the blade to the shaft. It seems to extend almost halfway up the handle. Either way it is a perfect shovel for me, and i am glad that i purchased it. Good luck hunting, Hope every one finds a gold ring or two this year.
- OKM OKM Fusion Professional Plus with Tablet PC Review by Aris (Posted on April 3, 2022)
I own this machine and it is a master piece. Easy to use and very effective. I support anyone who wants to buy it, it is great.
- Kellyco Kellyco Sifter Finds Pouch for Metal Detecting Review by Rock (Posted on March 27, 2022)
Insert a single strand of 12 or 10 awg copper wire around the opening of the pouch to make access easier. The opening can be reshaped numerous times without an issue. Make a small slit on the side of the pouch near the rim, insert wire into slit, bend it while doing so to form a loop, cut wire so the ends slightly overlap.
- Kellyco StuLine Signature Series 36" T-Handle Shovel by Kellyco Review by Dan W (Posted on March 27, 2022)
I picked this shovel up in a CTX 3030 package. I already have a Pro Detector Anaconda NX-6 that is (or was) my everyday shovel.
I have to say that even though the StuLine is slightly heavier, it will become my everyday shovel. The shovel blade is slightly wider (less cuts per plug) and the slight angle between handle and shovel blade makes popping plugs easier.
The shovel is also half the price of the Anaconda.
In you are on the fence, I hope this review helps.
- Kellyco StuLine Signature Series 36" T-Handle Shovel by Kellyco Review by Ifoundwhatuskipedover (Posted on March 22, 2022)
Excellent shovel made for metal detecting or zombies. Yes it's super heavy duty I guess if you want a light shovel buy a hand shovel.
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro Stainless Steel 31.5" to 38" Serrated Edge T-Handle Premium Shovel Review by Patrick (Posted on March 21, 2022)
Yes, I am joking.eally like that it is adjustable.
Just imagine, you and your wife are out sweeping @7000ft on the west side of the rockies and a Grizzly stands up. What would you do? EXACTLY!!! Grab the spade, go low on one of your wife's legs. When she trips up, run like Forest Gump. Always have a back-up plan. Yes, I am joking. Awesome tool..