Any serious detectorist who needs a safe way to safely clean soft metals, like bronze or copper, will appreciate this restoration set. This set of four "pencils" is a great addition to your cleaning toolbox. The set includes two hard point pencils, a steel wool brush pencil and a brass scalpel.
The hard points are ideal for removing hard dirt crust. The brush pencil is ideal for those final touches, checking your progress, or even cleaning a soft layer of dirt off of a coin.
Be careful when using the set to clean copper, which is the most sensitive metal.
Don't use these pencils on metals like silver or gold. The hard points can be sharpened with a normal pencil sharpener.
- The two hard point pencils should be used in circular motions. Start gently and then figure what amount of pressure is appropriate.
- Favor dry cleaning as water may harm coins and their patina.
- The hard point pencils are absolutely great to get rid of a concrete like dirt crust.
- You may alternate between using the hard tips and the brush pencil. This last pencil will help you check on your progress and can be used to finish the process.
- The use of brass scalpel is pretty self-explanatory. It should be used at the very beginning of a cleaning session if the crust proves to be very hard. You should stop using it before you actually reach the surface of the coin.
- DO NOT get the ends of the brush pencil wet! It would rust.
- The steel-wool brush is great with coppers/nickels that do have a little dirt to take off. Used gently, it can prove very efficient.
- Quick Look Complete set of Andre's pencils are fantastic for coins and relics. This set of 4 pencils is a great addition to your cleaning toolbox.
- SKU 263-4PIECESET
- Manufacturer SKU 4PIECESET
- Manufacturer Le Crayon à André
- Product Type Hand Tools
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
Review by Ryan F on October 20, 2020This set of cleaning pencils are great to help get dirt or other debris off coins. I just ordered another one a few days ago to give as a gift. Highly recommend it.
Posted On: 5/26/2021 By: Jim
Q: I only need the Steel wool pencils. Can I buy a set of 3 ?A: Sorry, it only comes as the set of 4.
Posted On: 2/28/2021 By: Juan Ramn
Q: Hello, I am interested in a set of André's pencils, in Mexico there are none, I would like to know if you can send them to me by courier? Thanks a lotA: I am sorry, but do to manufacturer restrictions, we cannot ship outside of the US.
Posted On: 8/23/2020 By: Patrick Lanclos
Q: Is there a video on how to properly use the Andre's Pencil Set?A:
I found a video on YouTube that gives a good demonstration on how to use the pencils. Check and the video and see if it helps!
This Garrett AT Pro Bundle is complete with the original 11" coil and a 5x8" coil for working in smaller areas or trashy parks.