Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro Metal Detector
with 6.5" and 10" Elliptical Search Coils Plus FREE Metal Detecting & Treasure Hunting Accessories
Now with the ultra-high operating frequency, the highest one on the market, combined with iron discrimination, you’ll be striking it rich in no time! Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level. The 71 kHz operating frequency gives increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets even in highly mineralized soil. With the Gold Bug 2’s audio boost and iron discrimination mode you can now hear those faint, deep signals while avoiding hot rocks and ferrous targets.
Kellyco has sold and distributed Fisher products since 1975 and was certified as Fisher detector experts since 1984! Buy with confidence at Kellyco where you always get more for your money.
- Frequency : 71 kHz
- Warranty : 5 Year Limited
- Total Weight : 2.9 lbs (1.3 kgs)
- Audio : Built-In Speaker and 1/4" Headphone Jack
- 3-Position Toggle Switch : Choose between High, Normal, and Low Mineralization Settings
- Ground Rejection : Advanced Circuitry for Increased Depth on Large, Deep Nuggets in Highly Mineralized Soil
- Search Modes : 3 Auto-Tune Modes with 2 Re-Tune Speeds for Nugget Hunting in Almost Any Ground Condition
- Manufacturer Fisher
- Quick Look Complete with both the 6.5" round and the 10" elliptical search coils, you'll be sure to hear the gold signals with this high frequency Fisher metal detector.
- SKU 12-2665-bundle
- Product Type Metal Detectors
Factory Included Accessories
- 10" Elliptical Search Coil
- 6.5" Elliptical Search Coil
- Warranty Yes
- Detector Type Gold
- Interchangeable Search Coil Yes
- Technology VLF Single Frequency
- Arm Rest Fixed
- Arm Rest Strap Yes
- Adjustable Shaft Yes
- Assembled Length Max (in) 53
- Assembled Length Min (in) 40
- Apps None
- GPS No
- Audio Tones No
- Depth Indication No
- Control Box Mount Convertible
- Frequencies 71 kHz
- Number of Frequencies 1
- Programmable Target Id No
- Target Id No
- Threshold Adjustable
- Pinpoint Mode No
- Ground Balance Manual
- Vibration Mode No
- Search Modes 3
- Search Mode Types All Metal (Audio Boost), All Metal (Normal Mode), Iron Discrimination
- Search Flashlight No
- Display Type N/A
- Backlit Display No
- Volume Control Yes
- Headphone Jack 1/4"
- Bluetooth Compatible No
- Interchangeable Headphones Yes
- Battery Type 9-Volt
- Battery Quantity 2
- Battery Life (hr) 20 to 25 Hours
- Rechargeable System No
Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro Metal Detector
If it's in the Ground or in the Water a Fisher Metal Detector will Find it!
Take Gold Detecting to a New Level with the Ultra High Frequency Gold Bug 2
Use Standard or as Hip-Mount
(belt not included)
Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug 2 is designed for finding gold nuggets. It offers extraordinary sensitivity, ultra-high frequency (the highest operating frequency on the market), iron-discrimination, dust and moisture resistance, audio-boost and the ability to operate in extremely mineralized soil with a 3-position mineralization switch. It comes with either a 6.5" or a 10" elliptical search coil for the same great price.
Now with the ultra-high operating frequency, the highest one on the market, combined with iron discrimination, you'll be striking it rich in no time! Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level. The 71 kHz operating frequency gives increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets even in highly mineralized soil. With the Gold Bug 2's audio boost and iron discrimination mode you can now hear those faint, deep signals while avoiding hot rocks and ferrous targets.
Extraordinary Sensitivity, Ultra High Operating Frequency, Iron Discrimination, Dust and Moisture Resistance, Audio Boost and the Ability to Operate in Highly Mineralized Soil
Now you can hunt with the next generation Gold Bug - the Gold Bug 2. Fisher engineers worked years to build a detector that would carry on the Gold Bug's well-deserved reputation as the world's premier nugget hunter, and here it is, the Gold Bug 2. Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug 2 is designed from the ground up for the sole purpose of finding gold nuggets. Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level - 71 kHz - the highest operating frequency on the market. The result: increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets in highly mineralized soil.
Switch on the Gold Bug 2's High Mineralization Mode, and you can hunt gold-bearing areas that were previously off limits. Flip a switch for the Gold Bug 2's Audio Boost Mode and hear those faint, deep signals. Or use the new Iron Discrimination Mode to help avoid hot rocks and ferrous targets. Meanwhile, a dust and moisture resistant control housing helps keep your Gold Bug 2 in peak operating condition.
Find Gold with Fisher's 71-kHz, Deep-Search Nugget Detector
The Gold Bug 2 is backed by Fisher's 5 Year Limited Warranty and the
Commitment to Quality that Goes into Every Fisher Detector
- 5 Year Warranty
- Weight : 2.9 lbs (1.3 kgs)
- Operating Frequency : 71 kHz
- 6.5" and 10" Elliptical Search Coils
- Batteries : (2) 9V
- Battery Life : 25 Hours
- Search Modes : 3 Modes
- All Metal (Normal), All Metal (Audio Boost), Iron Discrimination
- Adjustable Length : 40" - 53"
- Audio Output : Built-In Speaker and 1/4" Headphone Jack
- Choose between High, Normal, and Low Mineralization Settings with 3-Position Toggle Switch
- 3 Auto-Tune Modes with 2 Re-Tune Speeds for Nugget Hunting in Almost Any Ground Condition
- Converts to Hip Mount
- Built-In Detector Stand
- Faint-Target Audio-Boost
- Quartz-Crystal Locked Electronics
- Dual-Knob, Coarse / Fine Manual Ground Adjust Control
- Adjust Threshold Level with Small Shaft on Rear of Housing
- Sealed Panel and Speaker Design for Dust and Moisture Resistance
- Plug your Headphones into Stereo-Mono Input Jack with Removable Weather Seal
- Built to Take a Beating with Metal Loop Connectors and Double-Locking, Fiberglass-Reinforced Lower Stem
- Advanced Ground Rejection Circuitry for Increased Depth on Large, Deep Nuggets in Highly Mineralized Soil
- Adjust Target Volume, Sensitivity, Test the Battery and Turn Power On and Off with Dual-Function Potentiometer
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
Review by George on August 2, 2019I bought this years ago, had to do an air test immediately to compare with my buddy's P.I. detector. I had 3 small flakes (I mean small) of gold in a vial and this machine picked it up to about 4 inches. No other has done that yet. If you're looking to find gold in creek beds, wet or dry, in and around rocks, this will definitely find it for you. I added the large 14 inch coil for added depth. It's compact and simple enough to use. I recommend reading, and bringing along the manual for reference.
Posted On: 1/30/2022 By: Peter
Q: Does the gold bug 2 pro come with small round coil stillA: Hello, yes the Gold Bug Pro II still includes both coils.
Posted On: 9/9/2020 By: Steve merkley
Q: I have 3 gold bugs the gold bug the gold bug pro and gold bug 2 are the coils water proof can I stick them in a shallow creekA:
Yes, coils are waterproof!
Posted On: 7/9/2020 By: John Davis
Q: Can you tell me what other metal detectors Will match the gold bug two I’ll wait for your response I had 1000 name Dave help me last time if I could get Dave back to help me Again this time that would be appreciated thank you John
Posted On: 7/9/2020 By: John Davis
Q: Can you tell how far down can I go back to detect down into the ground I believe there are two of this itemThank you very much sincerely John DavisA:
Most people contact us to know the depth a metal detector can go. There are a lot of factors that play a part in depth. Most hobby detectors are VLF (very low frequency) and the depth depends on the soil conditions and the target size. When it comes to hobby detectors, we like to safely say the size of the coil is about how deep it will go. For example an 11 inch coil will typically pick up targets at 11 inches.
$549.00See in both day and night with more detail than ever with this Night Owl Optics monocular with integrated IR illuminator. Save images directly to SD card.SKU: NOIGM3X
$949.00Get ready to go wireless with the XP Deus and a fully wireless X35 search coil capable of 35 different frequencies ranging from 3.7 to 27.7kHz.SKU: DEUS28X35RCUS