Garrett AT Max with Z-Lynk Metal Detector
with 8.5x11" PROformance DD Search Coil Plus
- This used unit is only the metal detector. No accessories from the original box are included.
- May show signs of light wear and tear such as scratches
- The images shown do not necessarily represent the condition of this particular detector
The Garrett AT MAX Metal Detector is one most versatile and advanced all-terrain VLF metal detector on the market today. With increased detection depth, built-in Z-Lynk Wireless Technology, and many other improvements, the AT MAX helps treasure hunters push their limits to the MAX! You can use the AT Max on land in freshwater or in saltwater. Wireless or not! Your choice.
The AT Max also includes built-in Z-Lynk Wireless Technology for near-zero delay (17-milliseconds) from your detector to your headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed, and up to four times faster than other wireless headphones.
- Manufacturer Garrett
- Quick Look The Garrett AT MAX is one most advanced all-terrain VLF metal detectors on the market today, now with Z-Lynk Wireless technology.
- SKU 733-1142060
- Product Dimensions 21.50x14.50x5.63
- Manufacturer SKU 1142060U
- Product Type Metal Detectors
- Best for Beach, Beginner, Coin, Relic
- Warranty Yes
- Detector Type All-Terrain
- Interchangeable Search Coil Yes
- Technology VLF Single Frequency
- Arm Rest Adjustable
- Arm Rest Strap Yes
- Adjustable Shaft Yes
- Assembled Length Max (in) 56
- Assembled Length Min (in) 43
- Apps None
- GPS No
- Audio Tones Yes
- Depth Indication Yes
- Control Box Mount Standard
- Frequencies 13.6 kHz
- Number of Frequencies 1
- Programmable Target Id Yes
- Target Id Yes
- Threshold Adjustable
- Discrimination Adjustable
- Pinpoint Mode Yes
- Ground Balance Automatic, Manual
- Vibration Mode No
- Search Modes 4
- Search Mode Types All Metal, Custom, Zero Discrim. Modes
- Search Flashlight No
- Display Type LCD
- Backlit Display Yes
- Volume Control Yes
- Headphone Jack Underwater, Wireless
- Bluetooth Compatible Yes
- Interchangeable Headphones Yes
- Battery Type AA
- Battery Quantity 4
- Battery Life (hr) 15 to 20 Hours
- Waterproof Non-Waterproof
- Rechargeable System No
- Exclusive Features Integrated Z-Lynk Wireless System
Garrett AT Max with Z-Lynk Metal Detector
Looking to find coins, rings, relics and jewelry in all environments? Look no further! One of the biggest features of the AT MAX is that it’s waterproof. The "AT" in "AT MAX" stands for All Terrain Performance and the entire detector is waterproof up to 10 feet or 3 meters. The AT Max’s adjustable ground balance feature will also help you search in mineralized soil conditions – even saltwater beaches. With automatic and manual ground balancing you can easily adjust the ground balancing in quarter point increments.Rain or shine, muddy environments and even the ocean can’t stop this machine.
Tired of digging up bottle caps? The high-resolution iron discrimination feature on the AT Max, has up to 44 points, and will help you avoid digging junk. The AT Max’s sharper audio signals and threshold adjustment will give you sharp alerts and more information about targets than other detectors. This will help you know what and where to dig before reaching for the shovel. The adjustable threshold feature is great when you are having trouble hearing fainter targets above the operational hum of the detector.
With a bigger, new back-lit display, the AT Max will allow you better visibility of settings, digital target identification and iron discrimination numbers. The AT Max also has four search modes: all metal, custom, coins, and zero discrimination. The true all metal mode provides the best depth and sensitivity – essential for serious detectorists. It also provides you with a high level of target separation, which is essential when you are hunting a site with many alerts. You will no longer miss valuable targets because you find the nail that is next to them and then walk away from the search.
Featuring an 8.5 x 11 in. DD PROformance™ Search coil for maximum detection depth, the Garrett AT Max features an optimized frequency at 13.6 kHz which provides excellent detection on a wide range of targets - including silver coins, gold jewelry and brass relics. Upgrading from the AT Pro? No problem, all Garrett AT metal detector search coils are compatible/ interchangeable (including from the AT PRO & AT GOLD).
As one of Garrett’s most advanced and versatile metal detectors, this All-Terrain detector packs all the features that Garrett customers have been asking for: built-in Z-Lynk transmit technology, new Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones, more depth, larger display numbers, advanced ground balance resolution and even a back light. This machine is for any detectorist that wants to use their detector in different landscapes and terrains – it can even be submerged up to ten feet in freshwater. The Garrett AT Max is a solid choice for your newest detector from beginner to advanced.
- Warranty : Protected by a 2 Year Limited Warranty
- More Controls : All Easily Accessible with a Single Finger as You Search
- Larger Display Numbers : Digital Target ID Number, Iron Discrimination. Number, etc.
- Backlight : Illuminates LCD Screen for Improved Visibility in Low-Light Situations
- True All Metal Mode : Detects All Types of Metal and Provides the Greatest Possible Detection Depth and Sensitivity
- Volume Control : Built-In Volume Adjustment Allowing Control of the Detector Volume when Operated without Headphones
- Maximum Detection Depth : Increased Transmit Power and Enhanced Electronics Provides AT Max with Significant Depth Increase
- Optimized Frequency : The AT Max’s 13.6 kHz Operating Frequency Provides Excellent Detection On a Wide Range of Targets — Including Silver Coins, Gold Jewelry, and Brass Relics
- Built-in Z-Lynk™ Wireless Technology : Cut the Cord! Integrated Circuitry Transmits Audio to Your Wireless Headphones. Six Times Faster than Bluetooth Speed! Auto Pairing. No Cables, and No Interference from Other Wireless Devices
- High Resolution Ground Balance : Automatic and Manually Adjustable for Improved Performance. Includes 175 points of Ground Balance Resolution Allowing the AT Max to Handle Both Conductive Soils (such as saltwater beaches) and Highly Mineralized Ground
- Automatic Ground Balance Window™ : Garrett Exclusive Feature will Simultaneously Ground Balance to a Range of Values to Help Overcome Localized Ground Variations. By Reducing Subtle Ground Responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window Smooths Detector Audio and Allows the User to Hear Faint Targets
- Iron Audio: Hear discriminated iron (normally silenced) to avoid digging tricky, undesired flat iron items.
- All Metal Iron Audio : Small frequency shifts to eliminate interference.
- All Terrain Versatility : Fully submersible to 10-foot (3 meter) depth. Weatherproof design also protects against dusty and humid environments. For underwater use, optional wired headphones must be used.
- Digital Target ID—0 to 99 scale.:
- Adjustable Threshold : User can manually adjust the audio threshold (the constant background sound or "hum") to better hear faint targets.
- Pulse Width Modulation Audio : Proportional PWM audio response and Tone Roll Audio provide more target information and sharp, responsive target signals.
- Four Search Modes:True All-Metal, Custom, Coins, and Zero Discrimination Modes.
- Fast Recovery Speed :
- Notch Discrimination :
- Coin Depth Indicator :
- Battery Condition Indicator :
- All Garrett AT search coils are compatible: 4.5" Super Sniper, 5" x 8" DD coil, 6.5" x 9" concentric coil, 8.5" x 11" DD coil, and 9" x 12" concentric coil.
Factory Included Accessories:
- 4 AA Batteries
- 8.5x11" Coil Cover
- Support Cuff with Strap
- Comprehensive User's Manual
- 8.5x11" PROformance DD Search Coil
- NEW AT Max Baseball Cap
- NEW Garrett MS-3™ Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
Posted On: 1/2/2021 By: Darrell Warren
Q: How well does the Garrett AT Max work at the beach in the wet sand?A: If you ground balance the machine as you change soil and turn the sensitivity down a bit, it will do fine. The most important part is ground balancing as you change from dry to wet to the water.
Posted On: 12/30/2020 By: Bill Michels
Q: I am considering the used Garett AT max if it comes with a headphone. May consider new if I can trade in my Garrett Ace 350 inA: We are not accepting tradein's at this time. To find out if this model has headphones, please give us a call.
$552.45This Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector package includes 8.5x11" PROformance DD Search coil and wired, MS-2 headphones. This detector is waterproof to 10ft and is a great machine whether you are searching on land or water.SKU: 1140460
$637.46The Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector was designed with the gold prospector in mind. Perfect for gold hunting in water, but also great for finding relics or coins. Includes 5x8" DD Search Coil and wired MS-2 headphones.SKU: 1140680
$2,120.75The Garrett ATX Extreme PI Metal Detector comes with the 11x13" DD Search Coil and additional free metal detecting accessories.SKU: 1140870
$2,120.75The Garrett ATX Extreme PI Metal Detector with 11 x 13" Mono Search Coil is approved for all terrains and 10 feet underwater.SKU: 1140880