Meet Leilani – a Kellyco Customer Experience Team member for the last 16 years.
At the beginning of each year, Kellyco participates in the Boy Scout Jamboree at Camp Lanoche in Paisley, Florida.
This year, after the camp was completed, the Kellyco team went out detecting to celebrate another successful year. Camp Lanoche was established in 1950 and has been used many times a year by a multitude of Boy Scout troops in the area. Thanks to the camp’s long-standing history, something interesting is uncovered every year.
Since coming to the event, Leilani has had one type of item on her bucket list. Having detected this property several times with hopes of finding one, Leilani decided this year to bring along her secret weapon, her Minelab Equinox 800.
And it paid off. She found exactly what she’d been looking for – Boy Scout neckerchief slides. As soon as a 27 popped on Leilani’s screen, she knew it was brass and had a good idea as to what it would be. There is no date on the slides, but considering the wear, these look to be about 50 years old. It was a day to remember for Leilani and the whole Kellyco crew.
“The camp has so much history. It was interesting to be able to find something that would have belonged to a Boy Scout that had attended the camp so many years ago,” Leilani said.
Minelab Equinox 800
The Minelab Equinox 800 can be used on every type of ground and is great for coins, relics, and gold. The gold mode is great for gold nuggets. This detector has eight custom search profiles and is fully submersible up to 10-feet. It’s lightweight, and holds up well in any environment, including around saltwater. The LCD screen features target numbers that allow you to know your target ID at a glance.
This machine set the metal detecting world on its ear when it was introduced to the public. The only machine with true simultaneous frequency technology that Minelab refers to as Multi IQ, this machine is revolutionary and is changing the game in metal detecting. It has the fastest recovery speed and target separation of any machine on the market today. It has been a perennial bestseller since its introduction and created massive waiting lists and production backlogs when initially introduced.
- Weight: 2.96 lbs
- Frequency: Multi, 5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz
- Waterproof: EQUINOX is Fully Submersible, Ideal for Detecting at the Beach and in Rivers, Streams and Lakes (3m / 10-feet)
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited Detector, 1-Year Battery
- Fast recovery speed and target separation for trashy areas
- Multi IQ technology (the newest technology on the market)
- Does not come with a manual
- The charging block is sold separately
- It has a learning curve if you’re not familiar with Minelab detectors
- I am new to detecting but have been amazed with the Equinox 800. It is easy to use right out of the box, but also has a lot of functionality and adjustments that you can make once you get used to the detector. It is amazing just how small of an object it will detect at a fairly deep depth. I recommend downloading the manual and reading through it. Very extensive. Easy to see why Minelab is on top of their game with this machine! I know that there has been bad press regarding the detector's shaft being too flexible but mine is pretty solid once tightened down.
Shop Lesche Sampson Now