Talk Like a Pirate Day!
What do a detectorist and a pirate have in common? Turns out, a lot! They both hunt for treasure, go out in search of booty, and have a funny way of talking. For National Talk Like a Pirate Day, we’ve put together a little quiz and some jokes to keep you
groaning laughing until we can all escape from Davy Jones’ locker.
Talk Like a Pirate Day! Quiz
Answer the 4 questions below by filling in the blanks with metal detecting terms from the word bank.
- Arrrrrgh, do you want to come see our chest full of ____?
- This ___ is eyein’ me _______.
- I got a reale good _____ from the Treasure Coast.
- They say she’s been _________ but this scallywag goes deeper!
C. Hunted to death
Talk Like a Pirate Day! Jokes
Q: What’s the difference between walking the plank and pulling the plug?
A: One can be done in the hospital.
Q: How do you get a crusty old pirate off the boat?
A: Send them dirt fishing.
Q: What do you call 4 Wisconsin quarters?
A: A buccaneer.
Q: What’s the difference between a reale and a doubloon?
A: The helium.
Q: What does a pirate say when he sniffs a Lincoln penny?
A: Arrrgh, that’s a scabby cent.
After you’ve sailed the Kellyco seas (read: you’ve finished reading these ridiculous jokes), dig for buried treasure on our website.
Here are your clues:
- You can’t see me at night, maybe only by candlelight. But you’ll see clearly at break of day, and I’ll point you on your way.
- On the ocean floor at a depth of a man and a half, take a deep breath and know it won’t be your last.