Kellyco Metal Detectors’ Treasure Hunters Code of Ethics
Metal detecting is a hobby that combines outdoor adventure with archeology, and even a little bit of environmentalism. It’s important that we are respectful of our surroundings and other people as we detect. Make sure you know the rules about keeping what you find if it’s of historical value, and always clean up after yourself.
We are the ambassadors of a hobby we want to protect, and we’ll be judged by how we collectively act and respond. Kellyco recommends the following 10 rules when you’re out exploring.
- I will leave gates as found.
- I will not contaminate wells, creeks, or other water supplies.
- I will fill all excavations that are made while treasure hunting.
- I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities or equipment.
- I will use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.
- I will protect my hobby, and always act as a goodwill ambassador.
- I will respect private property and will not treasure hunt without the owner’s permission.
- I will appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife, and private property.
- I will not litter and will pick up any trash that I dig up or find on the ground while treasure hunting.
- I will not destroy private property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
Last Updated on