Lorenz Deepmax Z1 Metal Detector
with 14" (35cm) DD Search Coil and 40x40" (1m x 1 m) Frame Search Coil.
The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 series of detectors are some of the newest developments in the field of Pulse GBS metal detectors. It is probably one of the most sensitive and stable metal detecting devices of its kind presently available. The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 is the result of many years of research and development. A lot of effort has been put into making this new product, and especially in the new and improved metal classifications and automatic ground balancing facilities.
The Pulse GBS (Pulse Ground Balancing System) is especially suitable for searching at depth. The performance of this electronic device is almost unaffected by salt water, most types of mineralized grounds or temperature changes. Specially designed electronics cancel out signals from the ground while offering stable signals from the metal objects. The Deepmax Z1 is therefore a reliable tool to locate at great depths even under the worst environmental conditions. A newly improved circuit design suppresses interference from power lines and a power pulse technique produces very accurate signals to obtain very high detection depths.
The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 is a high quality specialist detector and it is designed to be used with both, small or large coils. Large coils offer extreme depth capabilities for big metal objects because of the strong and deep going magnetic field produced. Small coils are preferably used while searching for small objects like single coins or gold nuggets.
This model offers a great range on non-ferrous metal objects in general. A very simple operation is guaranteed by a specially developed LC Display and a minimum amount of controls. At the same time, this detector model offers a number of features which are new for a pulse metal detector. Quality electronics and very specially designed electronic - circuitry produce benefits in terms of ease of use as well as sensitivity.
The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 is based on the non-motion Pulse GBS (Pulse Ground Balancing System). Short and intensive magnetic pulses are emitted by means of a search coil first. Those magnetic pulses produce eddy currents in conducting materials like metal objects. Said eddy currents will be kept in a metal object and will die away after the magnetic pulse emitted by the search coil has turned off. This is the reason why it is possible to detect those eddy currents during the time delayed receiving phase by means of the same search coil which now acts as a receiving coil. A rather complicated electronic circuitry is necessary to detect those tiny voltage changes and has to separate that particular signal from interference also received. The signal has to be amplified to drive an audio stage with voltage controlled oscillator (VCO), which emits an audible signal either by headphones or built-in loudspeaker when a metal is in the near of the field of the search coil.
- Sensitivity : 162 dBm
- Frequency : L1, 1575.42 MHz
- Total Weight : Approx. 16.5 lbs (7.5 kgs)
- Waterproof : Search Coils are Waterproof
- Usage Time : Approx. 5 to 10 Hours Depending on Temperature and Connected Coil
- Manufacturer Lorenz
- Quick Look Lorenz Deepmax Z1 with 14” Double-D search coil is a super-sensitive metal detector with Pulse Ground Balancing System for easy operation
- SKU 147-0085
- Manufacturer SKU 0085 Lorenz Deepmax Z1
- Product Type Metal Detectors
Factory Included Accessories
- 14" (35cm) DD Search Coil
- 40" x 40" (1m x 1 m) Frame Search Coil
- Carrying Case
- Warranty No
- Interchangeable Search Coil No
- Arm Rest Strap No
- Adjustable Shaft No
- GPS No
- Audio Tones No
- Depth Indication No
- Programmable Target Id No
- Target Id No
- Pinpoint Mode No
- Vibration Mode No
- Search Flashlight No
- Backlit Display No
- Volume Control No
- Bluetooth Compatible No
- Interchangeable Headphones No
- Rechargeable System No
Lorenz Deepmax Z1 Package
- Magnetic Field Of Coil
- Current Through Coil
- 1m x 1m Coil
- Gold Bar
- Eddy Current
- Coin Chest
The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 is based on the non-motion Pulse GBS (Pulse Ground Balancing System). Short and intensive magnetic pulses are emitted by means of a search coil first. Those magnetic pulses produce eddy currents in conducting materials like metal objects for example. Said eddy currents will be kept in a metal object and will die away after the magnetic pulse emitted by the search coil has turned off. This is the reason why it is possible to detect those eddy currents during the time delayed receiving phase by means of the same search coil which now acts as a receiving coil. A rather complicated electronic circuitry is necessary to detect those tiny voltage changes and has to separate that particular signal from interference also received. The signal has to be amplified to drive an audio stage with voltage controlled oscillator (VCO), which emits an audible signal either by headphones or built-in loudspeaker when a metal is in the near of the field of the search coil.
Eddy currents produced in a metal object by means of a pulsed primary field, will die away differently depending on the conductivity of the metal object. The classification circuit therefore gives a visual time delay reading for the eddy currents received over a certain period of time. In addition a ferrous / non- ferrous indication for every metal being detected is working when a double D coil is in use. This gives further information on the probable kind of metal being located as well as the audio sound emitted, which makes it easy to predetermine the exact place and the size of the buried metal object.
- Magnetic Field Of Coil
- 1m x 1m Coil
- Eddy Current
- Gold Bar (Found)
- Coin Chest (Found)
The Pulse GBS principle has got the advantage of using large diameter coils and high transmitting power. This is especially necessary when searching at depth. Frame mounted cable coils of different size and shape can be connected to the Lorenz Deepmax Z1 without any adjustments.
A special adaptation circuit has been added to the Detector to suit with different coil systems automatically. This ensures extreme depth capabilities with any coil connected. When enlarging the search coil diameter the sensitivity to bigger objects will also rise. At the same time smaller objects will be located less sensitive. This is particularly desirable when locating large objects while ignoring small bits. Large coils offer very high detection ranges. Even in difficult soils where magnetic iron oxides are present the Lorenz Deepmax Z1 will offer extreme depth capabilities for both ferrous and non-ferrous metal objects when the Ground Balancing System is in use. Other systems often suffer from ground effects which reduce the depth range in the ground. The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 will be able to locate objects at almost the same depths either in most types of ground or ”in air tests”. The high sensitivity of the Deepmax Z1 to non- ferrous metal objects like gold, silver and copper together with the new target analysis make this detector an outstanding device for many different locating purposes.
The Deepmax Z1 gives a visual indication on the LC Display for every metal being located. This time delay reading producing a number between 000 and 099 helps to classify metal objects. The target classification circuitry is only in some cases affected by the size of a metal object and therefore identifies small coins as well as large pieces of metal. The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 also offers a sophisticated and refined ferrous / non- ferrous target analysis which works more stable on difficult soils in conjunction with the 26cm or 35cm double D search coil. The Detector also emits an audible sound by way of either a speaker or headphones. Detection depths achieved (in air tests) are almost the same in many types of soils and therefore considerably higher than those possible with standard pulse induction or sine wave VLF - TR Detectors.
The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 was developed for professional search and locating applications. A variety of search coils can be connected to this metal detector. Large areas can be detected effectively especially with frame coils. Saltwater, most types of ground or temperature changes will only slightly affect the detection range of the Deepmax Z1. It is possible to eliminate some unwanted objects like nails and foils or to identify them as being small unwanted objects while searching for bigger and deeper objects. In conjunction with small coils the Deepmax Z1 is a great tool when searching for small objects deep in the ground.
|Search Coils||14" Coil||18" Coil||40" x 40" Frame Square||40" x 40" Double Frame Square|
Diameter = 0.19"
Diameter = .98"
Dimensions = 4" x 4"
|Soft Drink Can
Dimensions = 3" x 6"
|3' 11"||4' 3"||5' 4"||6' 6"|
Dimensions = 12" x 8" x 6"
|5' 6"||6' 6"||9' 2"||11' 1"|
Detection Depths Recorded in Medium Air; | X = Outside the Range of the Coil
*Note: Depths Will Vary with Soil Conditions
- Carrying Case : 15" x 11" x 8" (400 x 300 x 220 mm)
- Electronics Control Box : 4" x 4" 3" (120 x 122 x 85 mm)
- 1m x 1m Frame Coil (collapsed) : 42" x 5" x 5" (1080 x 150 x 150 mm)
- S-Rod Length : Extended 61" (1550 mm), Collapsed 40" (1030 mm), Disassembled 27" (690 mm)
- Y-Adapter Cable : Approx. 0.22 lbs (0.1 kgs)*
- Telescopic S Pole : Approx. 1.3 lbs (0.6 kgs)
- Electronics Control Box : Approx. 2.86 lbs (1.3 kgs)
- 14" (35cm) DD Search Coil : Approx. 1.76 lbs (0.8 kgs)*
- Carrying Case with Deepmax Z1 Inside : Approx. 16.5 lbs (7.5 kgs)
- 40" x 40" (1m x 1m) Double Frame Coil Kit : Approx. 16 lbs (7.3 kgs)*
- Universal Cable Coil 26" (8 m) Perimeter : Approx. 1.32 lbs (0.6 kgs)*
- Universal Cable Coil 40" (12 m) Perimeter : Approx. 1.98 lbs (0.9 kgs)*
- 40" x 40" (1m x 1m) Frame Coil with Cable Inside Tubes : Approx. 5.7 lbs (2.6 kgs)*
- Shoulder and Belt Strap with Mounted External Battery Pack : Approx. 7.49 lbs (3.4 kgs) *All Weights Taken with Connecting Cable and Connector! Coils Ranging from 10" to 18" (26cm to 45cm) in Diameter
- Electrical Data
- Detection Depths : See Chapter 11 of Operating Manual
- Operating Temperature : 23°F to + 122°F (- 5°C to + 50°C)
- Power Source : External Rechargeable Battery 12V / 7-8Ah
- Battery Charger : Charger with 90-265V AC / 50-60Hz for World-Wide Operation
- Usage Time : Approx. 5 to 10 Hours Depending on Temperature and Connected Coil
- Recharge Time : Approximately 8 Hours Depending on Battery Condition and Ambient Temperature
- Search-Frequency with Small / Large Search Coils Connected : Approx. 2000 / 1000 Pulses Per Second
- Audio Target Response Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) and Volume / Threshold Control : 0 - 4000 Hz
- Data Logger: Multiple Channel Data Acquisition, Supported by GPS
- Resolution : 24 Bit
- Number of Fields : 99
- Sampling Rate : 12 Per Second
- Field Length : Max. 328' (100 m)
- Storage Media : Internal Memory
- GPS Module
- Date : WGS-84
- Sensitivity : -162 dBm
- Channels : 50 Channels
- Frequency : L1, 1575.42 MHz
- C/A Code : 1.023 MHz Chip Rate
- Dimensions : 2" x 1" x .8" (65 x 45 x 22 mm)
- Protocol : NMEA-0183 V3.01 GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG
- Operating Temperature :- 4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Target Precisions : Position Horizontal 2.5m CEP, 2.0m SEP with SBAS
Need a Telescopic S Pole for Operation
The Lorenz Deepmax Z1 is practically service free. The electronics control box and the other components should always be kept clean and dry. This is particularly important for the plugs and sockets, which should never be stored when being wet. The electronics control box is water and dust protected but it should be avoided to immerse the unit in water. All search coils available for the Lorenz Deepmax Z1 are waterproof up to the connector. All the connectors should be kept dry. Design and specifications subject to change without notice!
- Waterproof Search Coils
- Exact Pinpointing with Large Coils
- Highly Sensitive to All Kinds of Metal
- Battery Check with Audio Alarm Tone
- Precisely Adjustable Audio-Threshold
- Stable Static Response (acoustical and visual)
- Improved Ferrous / Non-Ferrous Identification
- Automatic Ground Calibration Re-tuning Facility
- Very Easy and Effective Detection of Large Areas
- New Search System Circuitry with All New Functions
- Extreme Detection Depths for Very Large Metal Objects
- Fast Audio Response Speed with Different Audio Settings
- Car Charger for 10-30V DC Supplies Available as Accessory
- Small Unwanted Metal Objects can either be Identified or Eliminated
- High Dynamic Range for Extreme Ground Signals and Easy Pinpointing
- A Variety of Search Coils are Available for Different Detection Purposes
- Fast Charge Electronics for Worldwide Operation 90-265V AC / 50-60Hz
- Reliable / Simple Operation with Few Controls and Customized LC Display
- Single or Dual Induction Balanced or Differential Coil Designs can be Used
- Frequency and Filter Function for Low Frequency EMI Interference Elimination
- Automatic Adaptation of Different Coil Sizes and Coil Designs to the Electronics
- Logarithmic Audio Response and Intensity Bar Graph Reading for Easy Pinpointing
- Specialized on Gold and Improved Detection Range on Low Conducting Metal Pieces
- Low Frequency Interference Elimination Circuitry for Less Interference in Urban Areas
- Different Delay and Sensitivity Settings to Eliminate Small Objects or for Easy Pinpointing
- Rugged, Refined Mechanical Construction with Water and Dust Protected Electronics Unit
- Stable Operation on Mineralized Ground or Salt Water with Pulse Ground Balancing System
- Optimal Performance for the Detection of Small Objects like Coins or other Non-Ferrous Objects
- Calibrated Static (non-motion) Target Classification with Visual Conductivity / Time Delay Reading
- Interchangeable Rechargeable NIMH Battery Pack for Worldwide Operation, Declared as Dry Cells
- GPS Based Meter, Track, Field and Compass Heading Information, Makes it Easy to Work with the Data Logger
- Multi-Sensor Detection (MST) with Several Search Coils Working at the Same Time without Interfering With Each Other
- Signal Strength Bar Graph, Time Delay Reading, Ferrous / Non-Ferrous Icons, Battery Condition and all the Mode Settings are Displayed Simultaneously on a Large LC Display
- Easy to Use Data Logger Function Works with Optional Hard - and Software Kit to Generate Six 2D Images and Six 3D Surface Maps from the Scans being Taken. Each Map is Different Depending on the Electronic Analysis Method and Therefore can be the Key to the Probable Kind of Metal Buried in the Ground
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
Review by meti on May 11, 2019Nice
Review by Luiz Afonso on November 24, 2016Perfect.
Posted On: 4/10/2021 By: EL JILALI ABDELKADER
Q: Hello , I alrady have lorenz deepmax Z1 but i don't know how to know the depth of objects that i found So, if there is any calcul methods to get the depth let me know pleaseA: Here is a depth chart http://www.metaldetectors.de/uk/products_deepmax_z1_detection-depths.htm, more information can be found at www.metaldetectors.de.
Posted On: 4/8/2021 By: prataprao mane
Q: Why r u not exporting Lorenz deepmax z1 in india.A: At this time, due to manufacturer restrictions, we are not shipping most products outside the US. Some of our professional machines, like OKM units, are shipping outside the US. We apologize for the inconvenience but need to respect the manufacturers requests.
Posted On: 3/6/2021 By: PYROTECHNICS ACTIVITIES
Q: Hello, could you send me price list with accessories. Thank you.A: Unfortunately, we do not have a price list and prices are subject to change.
Posted On: 7/19/2020 By: Anas Sulaiman
Q: Is it possible to send the Lorenz Z1 device to Kuwait, and if the purchase took how many days does it take to arrive, thank youA:
We are unable to ship the Lorenz Z1 outside the US due to restrictions set by the manufacturers.
$189.95Smaller Search Coils for the Lorenz Deepmax Z1 or LPX2 fit best on this Lorenz Telescopic "S" Pole with a simple, adjustable arm rest.SKU: HWSPOLE
$169.95To get better reach for frame coils, this Lorenz 16” (5m) Extension Cable for Cable Coils delivers the best resultsSKU: CABLE5
$80.00Lorenz Lower Rod (Deepmax Z1) serves excellently as a replacement part or extra rod to mount a second coil for improved detection