Metal Detector Reviews
One of the top questions we receive at Kellyco is: which metal detector should I buy? Read over thousands of our metal detector reviews written by real customers to help you find the best metal detector or accessories. See below for more metal detector reviews.
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro Simplex+ Metal Detector with Wireless Headphones Review by Gregg (Posted on January 21, 2021)
This is my first and love it. Light weight & well balanced, very easy to understand controls. Would recommend to anyone wanting to start out. Have been out with it a half dozen times, have not found any coins, but have located about half a 5 gallon bucket of scrap around our property so far. Hoping to train myself to be proficient in the sport before venturing off to other locations.
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro Simplex+ Metal Detector with Wireless Headphones Review by Scott (Posted on January 21, 2021)
best detector I've ever owned and I've owned 14 different ones
- Garrett Garrett Z-Lynk MS-3 Headphones / Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Kit Review by Lucas (Posted on January 19, 2021)
Just what i needed for my ATP!! I have Amazon prime but I chose to order from Kellyco a great company with excellent customer service. I purchased my AT Pro from them years ago with no issues.
- Garrett Garrett 8.5 x 11” Raider Multi-Flex DD Search Coil (Apex) Review by Peter (Posted on January 16, 2021)
Received my Raider coil today and it doesn't come with a coil cover. I can't believe it. I paid nearly $160 for this coil including shipping plus tax. Now I have to spend another $15 plus tax and shipping for a cover. Quite disappointing.
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro Pointer Waterproof Pinpointer Review by BABs (Posted on January 15, 2021)
It's a good little pinpointer and hopefully will continue to last longer than the first one I purchased which was a cheapo one from Amazon.
The only thing I would note here is that my package did not come with all of the items listed in this description. All I got was the pinpointer, a battery, a holster and two hardshell tip covers, one with a scraper.
It did not come with the carrying bag, strap or the treasure pouch.
- Fisher Fisher F75 Special Edition LTD Metal Detector Review by jama555us (Posted on January 11, 2021)
Fisher has knocked it out of the park with this detector. Versatile, easy to use and can use for prospecting, beach, relic, cache, and coins and jewelry. And less expensive than many inferior quality detectors.
I ended up selling my other one and keeping this one.
- Detecting Adventures Detecting Adventures Ugly Box Electrolysis Unit - New and Improved Review by Eric B (Posted on January 11, 2021)
The Ugly Box does work well. The only problem I've found lies with the leads to the coin and catalyst. Out of the box, the catalyst alligator clip last only a few cleaning sessions before it fell apart. I went to the auto parts store and picked up 2 larger alligator clip leads that had thicker wire. Using these new leads makes a HUGE difference. The voltage is much stronger and the clips do not fall apart (Not yet at least)
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro PulseDive Pointer Waterproof Pinpointer Review by Germanrzor (Posted on January 9, 2021)
I like the features and the waterproof rating of this PP but a few things make it a bit more hard to like at times.....
- the pointer never achieves the solid audible tone of contact with your target
- other than seeing the lighted indicator for reading your charge level, you could be stuck in the field with a dead unit potentially. Needs to have a 9 v battery backup
- to remove the tip is very hard to twist and release, you almost feel as if you are going to break it
Overall, not a bad system and certainly works well. I would love to see an external battery LED battery meter and ability if you fail to charge properly a 9 v backup or even two AA system.
- Nokta | Makro Nokta Makro SP24 9.5" x 5" Black Search Coil (for Simplex+) Review by Germanrazor (Posted on January 9, 2021)
The stock Simplex coil covers a bit of ground and will work, but the 9.5x5 coil really cuts through the ground if you swing a tad slower. You can hear the underlying good target tones a bit better which you may with the 11” coil mark off as trash. Plus the smaller footprint makes it easier to navigate and cut through weedy areas much easier. A must have and possibly your only coil you may use with the Simplex unless you are hunting a wide open field where the 11” stock coil may suffice by covering more area quicker.
- Garrett Garrett 8.5 x 11” Raider Multi-Flex DD Search Coil (Apex) Review by Robodigger (Posted on January 6, 2021)
Alright here is my thoughts on the Raider coil for the Apex. Well 1st of all more depth definitely. I received it today pulled it out of the box and first thing I noticed was no coil cover. That really disappointed me as all my other garrett coils have come with the cover why skimp on this one, second there is not a protective cap for the connector, I store my extra coils connected to extra lower shafts for quick change in the field so these go into a carry bag thats not always clean, guess I'll just have to use a sandwich bag and rubber band, all other garrett coils come with these caps. I don't know if they just skimmed on the Apex but do come with the AT series. This was the only reason for a reduction in a star. Now for the good, Bench test was way better then the Viper but thats not the real test I know for depth. Second I took it out to my test garden and to my surprise it hit a SLQ at 10" on its edge at a solid 85. All my other detectors struggle with this test even my AT Max and Nox 600.. so depth is definitely better. Last it seems to have stabilize the VDI. Most targets I have noticed with the stock coil bounce a lot. This coil seems to be more stable. So if you have the Apex buy this coil!