JW Fishers SeaOtter-2 ROV Metal Detector
Less Powerful, Best Suited to Working in Areas with Low to Medium Currents
The SeaOtter-2 has many of the same features of the SeaLion, but is not as powerful. It is best suited to working in areas with low to medium currents. This ROV also has front and rear facing color cameras with pan and tilt. Illumination for the front camera is provided by two very bright 50 watt tungsten halogen bulbs. Lighting for the rear camera is provided by a ring of high intensity LEDs. The SeaOtter-2 has a 500 foot depth rated housing and comes with 250 feet of cable. System controls are cleanly laid out in a high impact waterproof case with an ultra bright 10.4" flat screen monitor built into the lid. Command of the ROV’s thrusters, cameras, and lights are managed with a PS2 controller.
Fishers ROVs are completely mobile underwater camera systems that are controlled from the surface and capable of staying submerged indefinitely. These ROVs are ideally suited to a variety of applications including pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam surveys, oil and gas platform work, fish farming, and homeland security operations. They can dramatically reduce search time, as well as the risk and high cost associated with diving operations. Equipped with the RMD-1 remote metal detector the ROV becomes a high tech search system capable of locating weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, buried treasure, and other metal objects.
System controls for the SeaOtter-2 are cleanly laid out in a high impact water proof case with an ultra bright 10.4" flat screen monitor built into the lid. Command of the ROV’s thrusters, cameras, and lights are managed with a PS-2 controller. A wireless controller can also be used to give the operator even greater freedom. A gentle push on the vertical joystick propels the vehicle down into the depths, and a nudge on the horizontal sends the ROV flying over the ocean floor. The control panel has jacks and amplifiers which make it adaptable to the requirements of each job. A video output jack allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously with the internal flat screen monitor. Other viewers can see the world below without crowding around the control console. An internal video amplifier adjusts picture quality to optimize the video for water clarity. Connect a VCR or DVD recorder and make a permanent record of the underwater scene. With the internal audio amplifier voice can also recorded with the video picture.
Options available on the SeaOtter-2 are: cable lengths up to 500 feet, on-screen display for time/date/GPS/compass heading/depth, auto depth control, DVD recorder, manipulator arm, metal detector, scanning sonar, and spare parts kit (includes extra dome, thruster, light bulbs, etc.)
- Warranty : 2 Year Limited
- Switches : Power Boost Switch
- Power : Four High Power Thrusters
- Construction : 1,000 ft. Depth Rated Housing
- Cameras : Front and Rear Facing Color Cameras with Pan & Tilt
- Manufacturer JW Fishers
- Short description on product list ROV JW Fishers SeaOtter metal detector with front/rear colour cameras and well adapted for waters with low to medium current. 10.4" monitor.
- SKU 569-30
- Hot Deal No
- Product Type Commercial Equipment
- Warranty No
- Interchangeable Search Coil No
- Arm Rest Strap No
- Adjustable Shaft No
- GPS No
- Audio Tones No
- Depth Indication No
- Programmable Target Id No
- Target Id No
- Pinpoint Mode No
- Vibration Mode No
- Search Flashlight No
- Backlit Display No
- Volume Control No
- Bluetooth Compatible No
- Interchangeable Headphones No
- Rechargeable System No
JW Fishers SeaOtter-2 ROV Metal Detector
The SeaOtter-2 is the next generation of Fishers very popular SeaOtter ROV. With pan and tilt cameras in both front and rear, it is perfect for pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam inspections, oil and gas platform work, fish farms, oceanographic research, inspection of hazardous sites, and almost every type of underwater search or inspection operation. This ROV can dramatically reduce search time and the high costs associated with diver based inspections. With the SeaOtter-2 your team can locate, inspect, and video tape a target without entering the water. The SeaOtter can also narrow the search area so when divers are required, their time is spent on the target, instead of swimming grid patterns. When outfitted with a metal detector (JW Fishers RMD-1), the ROV can search for weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, anchors, buried treasure, or other metallic objects.
Fishers ROVs are in use around the world by US and foreign military, state and federal agencies, search and rescue groups, universities and many commercial diving companies. These high performance underwater camera systems make public safety search operations less dangerous by assisting in the location of drowning victims and recovery of evidence. They help eliminate the need to dive in difficult or dangerous conditions, whether it be a low visibility environment or a dive beyond no-decompression limits.
The system is very user friendly and with just a little practice time in a pool, the operator will have the SeaOtter moving effortlessly through the water. The ROV has a powerful and sophisticated four motor propulsion system; two motors for forward and reverse, and two motors for vertical and lateral thrust. The high output motors are reversible and operate at variable speeds. An off-the-shelf PS2 controller (supplied) operates the system. A joystick controls the horizontal motors (forward/reverse and turning) - it can hover “in place” and rotate 360 degrees; and the second joystick controls the vertical motors (up/down and lateral movement). A wireless PS2 controller can also be used.
The SeaOtter-2 sends its video picture to a topside 10.4 inch high resolution ultra-bright color monitor which is built into the Control Box cover. A video output in the Control Box allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously. An adjustable video amplifier on the Control Panel allows operator adjustment of the video picture to optimize picture quality for water clarity. Optional built-in DVR or external DVR recorder can be connected to the Control Box to make a permanent record. The Control Box also contains an audio amplifier with an input jack on the Control Panel for audio recording.
The system has two color cameras (front and back) with 4mm wide angle lens. The camera’s 90 degree tilt allows a full 140 degree vertical viewing. The camera’s 90 degree pan allows an additional 160 degrees of horizontal viewing. Both pan and tilt is controlled by pushbuttons on the PS controller. Camera selection, front or back, is operator selectable from the Control Panel. The Control Panel also contains a LCD readout which displays the overall status of the system. Illumination is provided by two 2200 lumen, high intensity LEDs for the front camera and an “ultra-bright” LED cluster for the rear camera.
At 43 pounds the ROV is highly portable and very “user friendly”. With the optional spare parts kit, the ROV is completely field maintainable. JW Fishers SeaOtter-2 ROV system represents a major breakthrough in cost/performance for a commercial grade ROV. This high performance system competes with ROVs more than twice the price.
The SeaOtter-2 is backed by Fishers exclusive UNCONDITIONAL TWO YEAR WARRANTY.
- Performance / Descriptions
- Operating Depth : 500 Feet
- Power Requirements : 120 Vac, 5 Amps, 600W Max
- Monitor :10.4 Inches, High Resolution, Ultra Bright, Color
- Lighting : 2 Dimmable, High Intensity LEDs (2200 lumens each ) on Front, Ultra bright LED Ring in Rear
- Motors : Four DC PM Type, Reversible, Variable Speed, Proportional Controlled, 6+lbs. Thrust Each Motor, 3 Knots
- Sealing : Five Separate Housings, O-Ring Sealed, a Leak Detector in Each Housing, Motors use “No Maintenance” Rotary Seals
- Camera / Lens : 1/3” Super HAD CCD II Color Day / Night, 4mm, 55° Vertical by 70° Horizontal Lens, 700 Lines, .0001 Lux, 90° Pan and Tilt, Auto Iris
- Dimensions / Weights
- Monitor (built into case) : 10.4”
- SeaOtter : 23” L x 16” W x 12” H (43 lbs)
- Cable : 0.5” D x 250’ to 500’ (30 / 60 lbs)
- Control Box : 17” L x 12” W x 8.5” H (23 lbs)
- Materials / Color
- SeaOtter : High impact PVC, Stainless Steel / Yellow & Black
- Warranty : 2 Year UNCONDITIONAL
- Power Boost Circuit
- 4 Knots Forward Speed
- Highly Portable System
- LEDs on Front and Back
- Leak Detection Circuitry
- Video Output Jack for Remote Monitor
- Video Amplifier to Adjust Picture Quality
- Audio Amplifier to Record Voice with Video
- 4 Hi Output Motors, Variable Speed, Reversible
- 1,000 ft. Depth Rated Housing (up to 1500' cable)
- Front and Rear Facing Color Cameras with Pan & Tilt
- Control Box with Built-in 15" Ultra Bright Color Monitor
- 55° Wide Angle Lens, 90° Tilt / Pan (145° Total Viewing Area)
- User Friendly PS Controller (wireless controller can also be used)
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
There are no entries.