You have no items in your cart.
Minelab Improved Replacement O-Ring Gasket Set (New CTX-3030 Models)
For CTX-3030 Models AFTER Jan. 16, 2016
This set includes three O-Ring waterproof seals for the CTX-3030, a battery mount cap and a screw-on cap that protects the audio/headphone connector.
Minelab Improved Replacement O-Ring Gasket Set
(New CTX-3030 Models/GPZ 7000)
CTX 3030/GPZ 7000 Battery Sealing – Care and Maintenance
With care and maintenance, the installed battery forms a water tight fit to the detector. However in some instances a few customers have reported the CTX 3030 battery seal leaking. Following investigation we determined that in these instances the leaking has been caused by sand or grit contaminating the o-ring - as seen in the example to the right :
Clearing the sand and grit from the O-ring and its mating surfaces, and re-fitting the o-ring carefully, will ensure the units do not leak to at least 3 meters (10ft) depth.
Minelab recommends that prior to submersing in water, care is taken to ensure the battery sealing O-ring, the O-ring seating groove and the battery O-ring mating face are undamaged and kept clean.
To achieve this, we recommend:
- Remove the O-Ring (with a soft tool)
- Gently Brush or Wipe Out the O-Ring Groove and Battery Mating Face (ensuring damage to the surfaces is avoided)
- Wipe Over the O-Ring (use a clean, moistened cloth)
- Visually Inspect the Areas to Ensure All Sand, Grit or Other Contaminants have been Removed
- Refit the O-Ring Ensuring that it is Seated at the Bottom of the Groove, is not Twisted and Ensure the Corners are Aligned - as Shown at the Right
- Fit the Battery to the Detector
- Ensure the Battery Clips are Fully Closed
- Damaged O-Rings or Batteries Must be Replaced Prior to Submersing your Detector
*Red O-Ring shown in pictures above is for Older CTX 3030 Models (Made BEFORE Jan.16, 2016). Shown as an example.
This product has no reviews. Log in and be the first to write one!