Join us in celebrating 55 years of Garrett Metal Detectors! This special Anniversary Package comes with:
- Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector 55-Year Anniversary Special
- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointer
- Garrett ClearSound Easy Stow Headphones
- Garrett Rain Cover for ACE Series
- Garrett Keepers Treasure Box
- Kellyco Metal Detecting Gloves
- Kellyco Brass Bristle Finds Brush
Stand head and shoulders above the crowds with the Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector! Highly recommended for coin hunting, ghost town hunting, jewelry hunting, relic hunting, competition events, and dry beach/freshwater hunting (submersible searchcoil only). The king of ACEs, the ACE 400 includes advanced features like Iron Audio, Digital Target ID, and Frequency Adjust to help you dig more treasure and less trash and twice the iron resolution of the best selling Ace 250 to help separate good targets from the adjacent junk iron.
The Garrett ACE 400 metal detector was built for the user who wants an easily customizable device with all the necessary features. Treasure hunters have used this device to find relics, jewelry, and coins on dry beaches, rocky terrain and freshwater. Its versatility in a wide variety of environments makes it perfect for use in competition events and cache hunting. The Digital Target ID – on a 0 to 99 scale – provides with the user with an educated look at what is below their feet. The numbers on the scale corresponds to a list kept by Garrett that can easily be referenced to determine the metallic content of the target. It is handy for those who want to know what kind of things are out there even before they start digging.
The Iron Discrimination Segment is set to four on the Garrett ACE 400 to allow for the treasure hunters to set the discrimination level based on the ground conditions with the Notch Discrimination being adjustable. Five search modes are built into this device including jewelry, relics, coins, zero discrimination and even a custom setting for advanced users. The Target Depth Indicator is designed to show the depth of the target.
Eight sensitivity settings allow for usage in a variety of areas including those with high ground mineralization, near power transformers or even in close proximity to radio signals. The Audio Tone ID Levels provides three separate tones to let the user know the conductivity of the target they've come across. A Battery Condition Indicator is also on board, and alerts the user when a charge is needed, The Iron Audio on the ACE 400 alerts the mid-tone signal range to include targets above the point of discrimination and lets users hear discriminated iron that would otherwise seem like a good target.
What really makes the ACE 400 metal detector stand out is its versatility in the field.Garrett designed this metal detector to be useful on dry beaches, in fresh water, during competitions, or hiking over rocky soil. It's perfect for picking up coins, jewelry, relics and can even be used for gold prospecting. Built with Garrett’s ingenuity, there’s almost nothing that the ACE 400 cannot find!
- Total Weight : Weighs in at 2.8 lbs (1.27 kgs)
- Frequency : Operates at a 10 kHz Frequency
- Warranty : Includes a 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Digital Target ID : Displays a Digital Target ID from a Scale of 0 to 99
- Audio : Audio Emits Sharp and Responsive Audio using Pulse-Width Modulation
- Discrimination Control : Modifies Discrimination Patterns with Notch Discrimination
- Iron Audio™ : Iron Audio Lets Users to Hear Iron Targets That Have Been Discriminated Against
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator : Allows For the Determination of Target Depth with the Continuous Coin Depth Indicator
- Manufacturer Garrett Metal Detectors & Accessories
- Quick Look The Garrett AT Pro 55th Anniversary Special includes free extras such as a Pro-Pointer pinpointer and a treasure box.
- SKU 14-1141255
- Manufacturer SKU 1141255
- Product Type Metal Detectors
- Best for Beginner, Coin, Relic
- Warranty Yes
- Detector Type All-Purpose Metal Detectors
- Interchangeable Search Coil Yes
- Technology VLF Single Frequency
- Arm Rest Fixed
- Arm Rest Strap Yes
- Adjustable Shaft Yes
- Assembled Length Max (in) 51
- Assembled Length Min (in) 42
- Apps None
- GPS No
- Audio Tones Yes
- Depth Indication Yes
- Control Box Mount Standard
- Frequencies 10 kHz
- Number of Frequencies 1
- Programmable Target Id Yes
- Target Id Segments 12
- Target Id Yes
- Threshold Adjustable
- Discrimination Adjustable
- Pinpoint Mode Yes
- Ground Balance Fixed
- Vibration Mode No
- Search Modes 6
- Search Mode Types Coins, Custom, Jewelry, Notch Discrimination, Pinpoint, Relics
- Search Flashlight No
- Display Type LCD
- Backlit Display No
- Volume Control No
- Headphone Jack 1/4"
- Bluetooth Compatible No
- Interchangeable Headphones Yes
- Battery Type AA
- Battery Quantity 4
- Battery Life (hr) 15 to 20 Hours
- Rechargeable System No
- Exclusive Features Iron Audio, 0-99 Target I.D. Scale, Higher Frequency, Adjustable Frequency, Pulse-Width Modulation Audio
Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector
- Weighs in at 2.8 lbs (1.27 kgs)
- Operates at 10 kHz Frequency
- Protected by a 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Able to Accept or Reject Targets Based on Set Discrimination
- Modifies Discrimination Patterns using Notch Discrimination
- Stabilizes Itself Using Camlocks
- Eliminates Interference using an Adjustable Frequency
- Includes 3 Search Modes for Jewelry, Coins and All Metal
- Determines a Target’s Depth using a Coin Depth Indicator
- Iron Audio Features Allows Discriminated Iron Targets Be Heard
- Provides Sharp and Responsive Audio with Pulse-Width Modulation
- Sends a Reminder When Ready to Charge with a Low Battery Indicator
- Adapts to Treasure Hunting Environment using 4 Sensitivity Adjustments
- Allows the User to Know What’s Below Their Feet with a 0 to 99 Scale Digital Target ID
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
Review by Treasure Man on August 5, 2020Super easy to operate, no matter what your detecting skills are! If you like the Ace 250, you'll LOVE the Ace 400!! I have the 250, but this 400 with the Digital number display is super! Already found a 14k his & her wedding bands in my local park at 3" buried! Love the Iron on/off button!
Review by T-Mo on January 13, 2020Well here I am, a novice at metal detection. The great thing about my backyard is it's the entire city of Chicago, Thanks Kellyco, especially Shelby for getting me off the ground. The YouTube videos for this equipment is very user friendly, and since Chicago is the main place with so much history, I am really looking forward to finding Native American relics and more contemporary finds. All pieces were well organized and explained in the box, and assembly (because I watched the videos) was in about 5-7 minutes. Remember what they say about beginner's luck.
Review by Stephen M. on December 5, 2019I ordered the Ace 400 pack with the detector, Pro Pointer AT and head phones. Kellyco added in a few items as well. The assembly was very easy and the learning curve of the Ace 400 was almost non existent. After about 30 minutes of bench testing with known items, I went outside. In less than 10 minutes, I found a bullet I fired into the ground about 2 or 3 years ago. The process of ordering until the first find was very simple. A huge shout out to Leilani R. With out her assistance, I would still be researching and wondering what my hobby would be. Thank you Kellyco!
Review by Keith on September 5, 2019Great beginners detector..found several bullets and a silver spoon my first trip out.
Review by J.A. on August 2, 2019Order was fast as usual had my machine in one business day after purchase. Does not get better than that. Very pleased with person who took my order and as a previous customer of KellyCo you have only gotten better. Good Job! I have been detecting for 49 years.
Review by great on July 22, 2019I just wanted to thank Marty for taking the time and explaining the difference with the ace 300 vs the ace 400 which I bought, plus the pin pointer that came with the anniversary special. This is an awesome detector and I am glad Marty told me I would enjoy it. I have been out numerous times since buying it June 1st. If anyone is looking to talk to someone Marty is the one, Thanks again Marty
Posted On: 9/2/2020 By: jose maes
Q: does the 400 detect goldA:
Yes, the Ace 400 can detect gold jewelry! It can even find large nuggets. The small gold will be hard for this detector to find.
Posted On: 8/20/2020 By: James
Q: What depth does it get in the park, for a quarter, roughlyA:
Most people contact us to know the depth a metal detector can go. There are a lot of factors that play a part in depth. Most hobby detectors are VLF (very low frequency) and the depth depends on the soil conditions and the target size. When it comes to hobby detectors, we like to safely say the size of the coil is about how deep it will go. For example an 11 inch coil will typically pick up targets at 11 inches.
Posted On: 7/13/2020 By: Robert Haefner
Q: does the garrett ace 400 work for property pinsA:
Yes, the Ace 400 will find property markers. Make sure you have your discrimination is turned off so you can hear them because they are most likely steel or iron.
$552.45This Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector package includes 8.5x11" PROformance DD Search coil and FREE detecting and treasure hunting accessories.SKU: 1140460
$339.95The Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector is one of Garrett top performing detectors, great for coin, jewelry, relic, and dry beach hunting.SKU: 1141260
The ACE 300 55-Year Anniversary special includes the metal detector, pinpointer and a treasure box. Incredible value!SKU: 1141155
Take advantage of the Garrett AT Pro 55th Anniversary Special! Free extras such as a pinpointer and a treasure box.SKU: 1140455
$127.45Ensure all your metal detectors are wireless-ready with the Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System for 1/4" headphones.SKU: 1627100
The Garrett 9x12" ACE PROformance Search Coil, made for ACE series and CSI 250, is waterproof, and good for surface to mid-level hunting.SKU: 2221900
$12.75The Garrett Rain and Dust Cover (ACE Series) protects the ACE models from the elements while in use.SKU: 1619900
Garrett Middle Stem with Lower Rod & Camlocks (AT Series / ACE Series / GTI Series / GTAx / GTP 1350)$14.87The Garrett Middle Stem with Lower Rod & Camlocks, fits AT Series, ACE Series, GTI Series, GTAx, GTP 1350, beats the supplied stem.SKU: 2347500
$34.99Panasonic 4-Position Charger with AA eneloop¬Æ PRO Rechargeable Batteries, 4 pk with battery detection technology lasts up to 5 active yearsSKU: K-KJ17KHCA4A