Fisher Gold Bug 2 Metal Detector
with 10" Elliptical Search Coil Plus FREE Metal Detecting & Treasure Hunting Accessories
Now with the ultra-high operating frequency, the highest one on the market, combined with iron discrimination, you’ll be striking it rich in no time! Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level. The 71 kHz operating frequency gives increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets even in highly mineralized soil. With the Gold Bug 2’s audio boost and iron discrimination mode you can now hear those faint, deep signals while avoiding hot rocks and ferrous targets.
Kellyco has sold and distributed Fisher products since 1975 and was certified as Fisher detector experts since 1984! Buy with confidence at Kellyco where you always get more for your money.
- Frequency : 71 kHz
- Warranty : 5 Year Limited
- Total Weight : 2.9 lbs (1.3 kgs)
- Audio : Built-In Speaker and 1/4" Headphone Jack
- 3-Position Toggle Switch : Choose between High, Normal, and Low Mineralization Settings
- Ground Rejection : Advanced Circuitry for Increased Depth on Large, Deep Nuggets in Highly Mineralized Soil
- Search Modes : 3 Auto-Tune Modes with 2 Re-Tune Speeds for Nugget Hunting in Almost Any Ground Condition
- Manufacturer Fisher
- SKU 12-2660
- Hot Deal No
- Manufacturer SKU GB2-10
- Product Type Metal Detectors
Factory Included Accessories
- 10" Elliptical Search Coil
- Warranty Yes
- Detector Type Gold
- Interchangeable Search Coil Yes
- Technology VLF Single Frequency
- Arm Rest Fixed
- Arm Rest Strap Yes
- Adjustable Shaft Yes
- Assembled Length Max (in) 53
- Assembled Length Min (in) 40
- Apps None
- GPS No
- Audio Tones No
- Depth Indication No
- Control Box Mount Convertible
- Frequencies 71 kHz
- Number of Frequencies 1
- Programmable Target Id No
- Target Id No
- Threshold Adjustable
- Pinpoint Mode No
- Ground Balance Manual
- Vibration Mode No
- Search Modes 3
- Search Mode Types All Metal (Audio Boost), All Metal (Normal Mode), Iron Discrimination
- Search Flashlight No
- Display Type N/A
- Backlit Display No
- Volume Control Yes
- Headphone Jack 1/4"
- Bluetooth Compatible No
- Interchangeable Headphones Yes
- Battery Type 9-Volt
- Battery Quantity 2
- Battery Life (hr) 20 to 25 Hours
- Rechargeable System No
Fisher Gold Bug 2 Metal Detector
If it's in the Ground or in the Water a Fisher Metal Detector will Find it!
Take Gold Detecting to a New Level with the Ultra High Frequency Gold Bug 2
Use Standard or as Hip-Mount
(belt not included)
Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug 2 is designed for finding gold nuggets. It offers extraordinary sensitivity, ultra-high frequency (the highest operating frequency on the market), iron-discrimination, dust and moisture resistance, audio-boost and the ability to operate in extremely mineralized soil with a 3-position mineralization switch. It comes with either a 6.5" or a 10" elliptical search coil for the same great price.
Now with the ultra-high operating frequency, the highest one on the market, combined with iron discrimination, you'll be striking it rich in no time! Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level. The 71 kHz operating frequency gives increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets even in highly mineralized soil. With the Gold Bug 2's audio boost and iron discrimination mode you can now hear those faint, deep signals while avoiding hot rocks and ferrous targets.
Extraordinary Sensitivity, Ultra High Operating Frequency, Iron Discrimination, Dust and Moisture Resistance, Audio Boost and the Ability to Operate in Highly Mineralized Soil
Now you can hunt with the next generation Gold Bug - the Gold Bug 2. Fisher engineers worked years to build a detector that would carry on the Gold Bug's well-deserved reputation as the world's premier nugget hunter, and here it is, the Gold Bug 2. Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug 2 is designed from the ground up for the sole purpose of finding gold nuggets. Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level - 71 kHz - the highest operating frequency on the market. The result: increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets in highly mineralized soil.
Switch on the Gold Bug 2's High Mineralization Mode, and you can hunt gold-bearing areas that were previously off limits. Flip a switch for the Gold Bug 2's Audio Boost Mode and hear those faint, deep signals. Or use the new Iron Discrimination Mode to help avoid hot rocks and ferrous targets. Meanwhile, a dust and moisture resistant control housing helps keep your Gold Bug 2 in peak operating condition.
Find Gold with Fisher's 71-kHz, Deep-Search Nugget Detector
The Gold Bug 2 is backed by Fisher's 5 Year Limited Warranty and the
Commitment to Quality that Goes into Every Fisher Detector
- 5 Year Warranty
- 10" Elliptical Search Coil
- Weight : 2.9 lbs (1.3 kgs)
- Operating Frequency : 71 kHz
- Batteries : (2) 9V
- Battery Life : 25 Hours
- Search Modes : 3 Modes
- All Metal (Normal), All Metal (Audio Boost), Iron Discrimination
- Adjustable Length : 40" - 53"
- Audio Output : Built-In Speaker and 1/4" Headphone Jack
- Choose between High, Normal, and Low Mineralization Settings with 3-Position Toggle Switch
- 3 Auto-Tune Modes with 2 Re-Tune Speeds for Nugget Hunting in Almost Any Ground Condition
- Converts to Hip Mount
- Built-In Detector Stand
- Faint-Target Audio-Boost
- Quartz-Crystal Locked Electronics
- Dual-Knob, Coarse / Fine Manual Ground Adjust Control
- Adjust Threshold Level with Small Shaft on Rear of Housing
- Sealed Panel and Speaker Design for Dust and Moisture Resistance
- Plug your Headphones into Stereo-Mono Input Jack with Removable Weather Seal
- Built to Take a Beating with Metal Loop Connectors and Double-Locking, Fiberglass-Reinforced Lower Stem
- Advanced Ground Rejection Circuitry for Increased Depth on Large, Deep Nuggets in Highly Mineralized Soil
- Adjust Target Volume, Sensitivity, Test the Battery and Turn Power On and Off with Dual-Function Potentiometer
Average Experience Rating
Any experience to share?
Your opinion is important to us. Please share your review with our community.Write a review
Review by Grant on May 26, 2019By far, the best detector I have for finding pickers in bedrock. The smaller the coil, the more accurate this machine is. The 10" and 14" coils are best used for artifact hunting. The 6.5" is the best I've seen for hunting small targets. Amazing accuracy! If you're hunting for the yellow, the Iron Discriminate can save you an unnecessary dig. Thumbs up!
Review by Dave C on May 8, 2014I have used several VLF nugget detectors over the years and the only one I have found gold with is the Gold Bug 2, so I am sold on its capabilities. One nice day during this past winter I went to a local river in the foothills and in about half an hour on soft bedrock I found two 1.3 grain nuggets at 1-1.5" depths in different locations. No other detector I know of can do this. It's a great tool for tiny gold.
Review by EW on April 16, 2009The very nice, well balanced Gold Bug II is easy to ground balance. The Hi/Normal/Low mineralization switch makes it a breeze to use in the heavy mineralized, and dry deserts of Southern California. The Audio Boost mode has made finding very small picker size nuggets easy at depths to 6 inches with the use of headphones. It's lightweight, breaks down quick to fit in my backpack, and reassembles in less than a minute. I have owned several other detectors and this is the best by far. The two 9V batteries last me about four days of hard all day long detecting. My Gold Bug II has found me some small Nuggets in the nearby mountain streams as well. I was going to buy a detector that costs almost 5 times as much as this one, but now I'm sure glad I made the decision to try the Gold Bug II first. In the three plus months I have owned the Gold Bug II, the machine has already paid for itself in the gold I have found. I would recommend this detector to anyone from the beginner to seasoned veteran. The Gold Bug II is a 5 Star Machine all the Way!
Posted On: 7/21/2020 By: BRIAN and LINDA STRATTON
Q: WE HAVE THE SCORPION GOLD STINGER BY GARRETT.. WE NEED TO KNOW IS THERE AN OPTICAL 6.5 INCH COIL AVAILABLE FOR THIS MACHINE ?A:
We do not carry any coils for the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger. This is an older machines so we do not have accessories for it. Howe, you can check to see if Garrett has any coils. Their number is 1-800-527-4011.
$129.00Owners of Gold Bug 2 detectors have found this Fisher 6.5" Elliptical coil to be the best fit for their detectors. Includes a 7' cable.SKU: 6COIL-E-7-GB2
$119.00Pre-configured with optimum frequency for shallow gold, the Fisher 5" coil for Gold Bug Series detectors is an essential tool for gold detecting.SKU: 5COIL-GBUG
$80.75Laser-cut, hand-welded, this 27" Vulcan Black Nemesis shovel with a 9 x 5 in blade digs and cuts like no other.SKU: nemblk27