Metal Detector Treasure Finds, Pictures and Stories
My Lucky Forest
Me and my two buddies had been walking around in 4 hours and just digging crap and some outdated coins… The week before I found an iron cross from WW1 in the same forest, so we were hoping for some nice finds.
Around 10 minutes after the coffee break, I got a huge signal, first I found a huge copper coin with a silver coin attached! I screamed out loud!! I cleaned the coins and was ready to take a picture, but I decided to check the hole one more time and suddenly I had a total of 7 COINS! This was too much for me... I did not detect any more that day :)
The coins were:
- 2x 2 skilling banco 1852? and a unknown year (Swedish copper coin)
- 1x 2 skilling species unknown date (1822-1834)
- 1x 4 skilling banco unknown year (Swedish copper coin)
- 1 x 2 skilling 1782 (Danish/Norwegian silver coin) My oldest dated find :)
- 2 x 24 skilling 1853 og 1854 (Norwegian silver coin) These two coins are my highest value find :)
They were in good condition!