Great Gold Detectors - Super Beach Detectors - Deep Relic Detectors. A personal note from Kellyco Metal Detectors. For many years we had asked Minelab to produce what we called a "Super Beach" Metal Detector. When Minelab’s SD Gold Detectors were the "Big Guns" of gold hunting, we knew how well they worked on mineralized ground for gold, and thought that the SD’s would work equally as well on beaches, especially salt water (mineralized) beaches when searching for long lost more valuable coins, rings, jewelry, and other treasures that sink deeper in sand the longer they remain there..
We asked a well known Detectorist, (NOT associated with Kellyco Metal Detectors) with many years experience metal detecting salt water beaches, and who personally has amassed a large collection of treasures found on the beach to take the SD to any beach and run as many tests as he wanted with the SD detector. Tests on dry sand, wet mineralized sand, dry conditions, wet conditions, low tide, high tide, etc. a real "shakeout". The report we received was little short of amazing! On the beach the SD detector found. Coins, so deep they were oxidized by years of contact with minerals in salt water. Also hard to believe but the SD found jewelry including tiny gold "buttons (10 to 12 inches deep in the sand) that women use to lock on to the pin that held earrings to their ears. Those very small buttons (or clips) are difficult to find even when they are close to the surface as most are as small as half the size of the finger nail on a ladies little finger, and that is really small!!!
The new GPX 4800 is more than we asked of Minelab. It is more powerful and sensitive than the older SD detectors with special features to make beach hunting more exciting for old beach hunters as well as beginners who truly want to find deeper more valuable treasures under the sands of any salt water beach! Coil is not submersible.
P.S. The GPX 4800 also seems to be a winning detector for Relic hunters having greater ability to go deeper to locate relics and artifacts. Field tests in areas that were previously well searched by other detector models have recovered not just a few "overlooked" targets, but large amounts of targets NOT found by other well known metal detectors.
- 11" DD Search Coil
- Total Weight - 5.3 lbs. (2.4kgs.)
- Technology - Multi Period Sensing (MPS), Dual Voltage Technology (DVT),
Smart Electronic Timing Alignment (SETA)
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Rx Gain adjustment for adjusting Sensitivity
- Automatic Ground Balance options to suit all conditions
- 3 factory preset Search Modes for switch on and go simplicity
- Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
- Coin / Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions
- 6 Soil/Timings is like having 6 detectors in 1, find more gold in more ground conditions
- Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance (includes improved Enhance Timing)
- Power Cable
- Finds Pouch
- Cord Clamp
- 11" DD Search Coil
- Wall Charger with US and 3 international plugs
- Harness Assembly (GPX Series)
- Complete Hardware Set (GPX 4800/5000)
- Auto Charger
- Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery with Built-in Amplifier
- Velcro Tabs
- Bungy Cord
- UR-30 Headphones
- Armrest Strap (Sov GT/Eureka/SD/GP/GPX)