The Fisher M-101 metal detector was designed specially for finding reinforcing bars and other metal objects embedded in concrete, conduits, PK nails, wiring, wall studs and other metallic objects. Users may expect accuracy to 1/4" of the center line of the rebar. Turn the instrument on and only the penetration control need be adjusted for most operations, allowing maximum penetration depth for metals.
A preset circuit eliminates ground effects caused by highly mineralized materials and false signals due to loop movement. The M-101 also can effectively locate small metal items carried on or within a person and is substantially more sensitive than the average low cost metal detectors used at airports, so that a given metal item can be found at a greater distance from the search loop itself. Searches in water may be up to the control box. The search loop and cord are waterproof. Backed by Fishers industrial 2 year warranty.
- Total Weight - 3.12 lbs. (1.4 kgs.)
- Frequency - 4.5 kHz
- Two Year Limited Warranty
- Detects All Metals
- Rugged construction
- Fully waterproof search loop
- VLF, (Very Low Frequency), operation
- Detects intersections of rebar or mesh
- Quick tune ready for operation in seconds
- Audio and visual indications of nearby metal
- Operates on universally available 9V batteries
- Accurately pinpoints steel reinforcing bars, or "rebars" in concrete (typically 8-9" depth for 1/2" diameter rebar)