Explorer SE PRO Metal Detector
Unmatched for Depth & Sensitivity
Since it was founded some 20 years ago, Minelab Electronics has continually set the standard for in-field metal detector performance at some of the most difficult sites around the world. Today, treasure hunters equipped with a Minelab Explorer or E-Trac and some basic tools are recovering thousands of collectible coins, valuable pieces of jewelry and rare artifacts spanning the centuries on a regular basis.
This fourth generation Explorer surpasses anything you've seen for depth, sensitivity and superior discrimination!
Whats new about the Explorer SE PRO Metal Detector?
Minelabs Newest Explorer SE Professional 11 inch DD Search coil:
- Improvements in performance:
- Re-designed to pickup the smaller targets better and Deeper
- Better Separation of Targets over the previous coils
- Detectors sensitivity can be operated at a higher level with less noise and interference
With the Explorer SE Professional you can now discriminate targets in the digital screen using the dual coordinate ferrous and conductivity digital display, giving you over 1000 pre-programmed target signatures. Explorer SE PRO's dual coordinate digital display is the most advanced target ID system on the market today. Not only will you be able to predict the type of coin underneath the coil, you might also be able to guess the coin's date!
The Full Band Spectrum (FBS) circuit automatically transmits multiple frequencies simultaneously. The increased frequency range means that the signal received from the detector coil is analyzed from a wide range of responses. This allows the Explorer SE Professional to analyze more target information so that the Target Identification (ID) is more accurate.
Ground balancing is automatic with Minelab's advanced digital filtering. Whatever field conditions you encounter, from dry clay to wet black sand or rich loam, Minelab will find what you're looking for. Minelab's unique FBS technology means deep, sensitive, accurate detecting.
rugged construction and excellent performance in
finding all types of treasure on land, beaches and in shallow water!
With Quick Start It's As Easy As
What else is new about the Explorer SE Professional Metal Detector?
- Faster and more powerful microprocessor with lower power consumption makes the Explorer SE Professional more responsive. Spend more time detecting; less time programming and recharging
- Menu structure giving easier access to key functions makes Explorer SE Professional programming a breeze. Fast learning curve; intuitive, easy-to-learn interface.
- Audio modulated pinpoint mode making target size and depth identification more reliable. Save valuable time recovering targets.
- Simplified Iron Mask coordinates 0-31 with full ferrous discrimination capability. Easy correlation of Iron Mask settings with digital readout values; more user friendly function; simplifies use of Iron Mask.
- Audio tone settings with new "Pitch Hold" mode for picking up even the faintest of target signals. Improved recovery rate for the smallest or deepest targets.
- Quickstart settings make the learning curve on the Explorer SE Professional a more rewarding one.
- New finer threshold and volume adjust controls. Fine tune "Threshold" and "Volume" to perfectly match operating conditions. More accurate and comfortable settings.
- Improved threshold stability in noisy/trashy environment. Less false signals; cover more ground faster.
- Larger target coordinates in digital screen and improved menu fonts. Easy to read user interface.
- Improved weight and balance with new lightweight waterproof coil; comfortably detect for longer periods of time without fatigue.
The Unique Technology of the Explorer SE Professional
Most detectors on the market operate on a single or dual frequency, ranging from 1 to 70 kilohertz (kHz). Although this technology has served the industry well for years, Minelab found that a frequency that worked well in one area would often offer only marginal performance when used in another location. Ground mineralization, trash content and target size all had an effect on how effective a detector transmitting a single frequency would operate.
FBS technology combines Minelab's existing multiple frequency BBS technology with a powerful new microprocessor to give: Greater detecting depth • High sensitivity over a wide range of targets • Less interference from electromagnetic sources • More accurate identification of target characteristics.
Pinpointing with the Explorer SE Professional
The exact location of a target can be located by using pinpoint. Enabling pinpoint instructs the detector to temporarily disengage "Discrimination Patterns" and become a non-motion detector, therefore targets normally discriminated against will emit a signal when underneath the coil. In Pinpoint, the detector gives a continuous audio response. This response will get louder as the coil passes directly above the target.
|Minelab Warranty||3 year warranty|
|Transmission Technology||Full Band Spectrum (FBS) 28 Simultaneous Frequencies ranging from 1.5kHz - 100 kHz|
|Number of Frequencies||28 Simultaneous Frequencies|
|Microprocessor||New technology processor - faster and more powerful|
|Software||3rd Generation Software - improved user interface|
|Ground Balance Modes||Auto Ground Compensation - Advanced Digital Filtering|
|Target Identification||2 Dimensional SmartfindT Size / Conductivity and Ferrous characteristics|
|Audio Tone Identification||Constant to Multi-tone; customizable Conductivity / Ferrous|
|Audio Tone Settings||3 Settings: Long, Smooth, Pitch Hold|
|Discrimination||2 Dimensional SmartfindT Discrimination|
|Iron Mask||Simplified Iron Mask coordinates 0-31 with full ferrous discrimination capability|
|Depth Indicator||Yes; Now also updates in pinpoint mode|
|Sensitivity Adjustment||2 Settings: Semi-Automatic & Manual 1-32|
|Noise Cancel||Automatic & Manual|
|Pinpoint||Non-motion modulated audio for improved target size and depth identification|
|Low Battery Audio Alarm||Yes|
|Batteries||1600 mAh NiMH or Alkaline batteries|
|Coil||Lightweight 10.5" Double D (DD) waterproof coil|
|Visual Display||64x128 pixel LCD panel with improved graphics|
|Headphone Input||0.25 inch Stereo Jack|
|Threshold||Finer adjust level; improved stability in high-trash|
|Recovery Speed||Selectable (Fast & Deep)|
|Patents||US 4890064; US 5537041; US 5506506|
|Coils||8" FBS Coil with Lower Shaft|
|Battery||1800mA/H NiMH Battery Pack; 'AA' Housing Battery Pack|
|Charger||12V Car Charger|