Lorenz Data Logger Software Kit (Deepmax Z1)
To generate color, image, surface or contour maps with the Lorenz DEEPMAX Z1, additional Hard- and Software is necessary. A very sophisticated 6 channel data logger function of the DEEPMAX Z1 metal detector will take simultaneously six channels of data when you go over the ground and stores the information into memory when this function is selected.
After recording field data the Surfer Software easily and accurately transforms the stored data into color, contour, surface, image or vector maps on a computer in minutes.
An additional Scripter Software will therefore automatically generate twelve maps with each field. Six are two-dimensional and six three-dimensional. The operator can therefore choose between different gridding and mapping methods.The LORENZ DEEPMAX Z1 Data Logger Hard/ Software kit developed by Lorenz Detecting Systems is first of all easy to use, very accurately working and affordable. Only three controls of the DEEPMAX Z1 will make data acquisition a pleasure for both beginners and professionals like engineers, geologists, archaeologists, scientists and many more. The users will investigate mainly for waste disposal, meteorites, or lost aircrafts.
No non- sense functions will confuse the operator. Six different maps will be generated simultaneously when covering the ground with multiple tracks. Each scan/ map is different depending on the electronic analysis method and therefore will not only give different sensitivity ranges but can be the key to the probable kind of metal buried in the ground. There is clearly a difference in the signature metal objects and ground conditions will give for example.
Areas of disturbances in the scans will directly lead to the different metals or ground signals and therefore can be classified in some ways. The operator therefore can use the different scans to his advantage in order to choose between the objects of most interest only by comparing the different scans/ maps. Three delay channels will produce maps with different sensitivity to small and large metal objects. Two ground channels will enable the operator to generate maps with no ground response but Z dimensions and directions for different decay curves of the eddy currents produced in a metal object. In addition the conductivity reading channel will display the delay of the eddy currents of each signal with a specific color to give further information on the probable kind of metal in the ground. No matter how strong the ground is mineralized or how many different metals are located in close proximity, this new device will ensure very good results even with difficult surrounding conditions. Faults produced by the operator or the environmental conditions like overload signals from nearby metal objects for example will be immediately seen when comparing the six channels. In addition GPS data is also recorded from a supplied GPS module to support the user with a compass function or to find the different fields after recording again.
For the professional users additional Hard- and Software will be available for storing positioning data from GPS and several DEEPMAX Z1 detectors.
Although the detector can be used with smaller search heads the data logger function is mainly developed for larger metal objects being at least 6cm x 6cm in size. Therefore frames of 1m x 1m or even bigger should be in use to achieve best results.
To analyze the different pictures generated with the software refer to the following instructions. Compared to many other systems the Lorenz DEEPMAX Z1 will not only generate one or several graphic representations with different sensitivity ranges for the same metal objects but also gives additional information on the probable kind of metal being located.
The advantages of the six channel data logger are as follows:
- False or overload data will be easily recognized on one or two of the maps. At the same time you will find useful data on at least one or two channels. When looking at the different maps/pictures select only these with no ground signals or with the stronger indications to avoid investigating on the small junk objects like foils, nails, magnetic soils or littered ground near the surface.
- Some signals appear on one scan and disappear on others to give the operator more advanced information on the kind of metal (decay of the eddy currents) or the surrounding ground conditions.
- It is possible to separate two or more different metal objects which give only one large indication in the Delay channels but two on the conductivity reading or Ground channels.
- Some ferrous metal objects lying horizontally in the ground will cause a special triple signal with two high and a low indication when looking at the Ground channels.
- Signals with a fast decay of the eddy current like foils, thin plates small nails will generate a negative peak in the vertical Z direction in Ground 1 and 2 channels, At the same time Metal objects with a long decay of the eddy currents like massive copper, bronze, aluminum or silver will cause a positive peak in Z direction. Ferrous metal objects will only give weaker signals and therefore a small indication in Z direction (in the three dimensional surface maps only)
- When looking at the Ground channels most of the ground and some of the smaller ferrous items will no longer be displayed comparing them to the Delay channels.
- On the conductivity reading pictures stronger signals which generate a conductivity reading will produce mainly a single color dot corresponding to the delay reading on the display of the DEEPMAX Z1. Neutral ground will cause a purple indication. Different nearby metal objects lying in close proximity will give different colors in most cases for better selection. See table of conductivity reading indications with a 1m x 1m frame coil:
The advantages of the six channel data logger are as follows:
|Color on conductivity reading channel||corresponding, possible metal object||conductivity reading without Data Logger|
|Purple||No metal or signal too weak||No reading / neutral|
|Green||Small ferrous nail||15-40|
|Yellow||Ferrous metal object||45-60|
|Orange||Non-ferrous metal object||65-75|
|Red||Large Non-ferrous metal object||80-99|
(For data logging and generating colour maps with the Z1 an additional computer would be necessary as well!)