- Home »
- Garrett Metal Detectors »
- Garrett Main Page
- ATX Extreme PI
- ATX Extreme PI Deepseeker Pack
- GTI 2500 Pro
- GTI 2500 Pro with Eagle Eye
- AT Gold
- AT Gold Adventure Pack
- AT Pro All-Terrain
- AT Pro Adventure Pack
- AT Pro Sports Pack Spring Special
- ACE 350
- ACE 250
- Ace 250 Adventure Pack Detector
- ACE 250 Sport Package
- ACE 150
- ACE 150 Pro
- Sea Hunter Mark II
- Sea Hunter Mark II - 2 Coil Pack
- Infinium LS
- Eagle Eye Treasure Hound Depth Multiplier
- AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector
AT Pro is Garrett’s All-New, All-Terrain, All-Treasure, Deep-Seeking,
Professional Treasure Hunter’s Detector!
1986 - 29 Years ago Charles Garrett and Stu Auerbach President of
Kellyco went into the Caribbean on a treasure hunting expedition and to
also field test the very first AT (All Terrain) metal detector on land and in
the water. AT3 went on to become a favorite detector for thousands of
2011 - 26 years later Kellyco's Stu and David Auerbach were among the first to test and use the new AT Pro at the Garrett factory in September 2010. And, the AT Pro is now one of the most popular selling detectors for both land & water.
Thinking of buying a detector? Buy from a company that knows metal detectors best! We have been using metal detectors and treasure hunting since 1955 ! We know metal detectors! Buy from the experts.
In Standard binary audio mode, the AT Pro provides a full-strength beep regardless of a target’s amplitude. Many detectorists prefer this consistent binary (either on or off ) target response. For those who want to hear more target information—similar to what is experienced with a True All-Metal detector—the AT Pro also offers a proportional (Pro) audio mode.
Proportional audio response allows the user to hear subtle changes in a target’s response. This allows the user to better judge a target’s size, shape and depth and has the additional benefit of a much faster recovery time when detecting adjacent targets.
Notice the differences in binary audio versus proportional audio in the two target scenarios above. The detector with binary audio gives a solid, consistent beep for both the shallow and the deep coin. In contrast, the AT Pro’s proportional audio provides a stronger signal for the shallow coin and a softer signal for the deeper coin. The actual profile, or signature, of the target’s response is heard, thereby providing more information.
These two adjacent coins would produce one strong signal from a binary audio detector. With proportional audio, a rise and fall of audio response allows the user to interpret the multiple targets.
This feature provides the user with more audible target information to help identify targets, particularly iron objects. Metal detectors with binary audio produce a single target sound based upon the target’s strongest signal. Tone Roll Audio provides a variance of target tones as the searchcoil approaches, passes above and departs from a target. These varying phases, or tones of audio, provide better overall target information.
For many detectors with binary audio, bottle caps, steel washers, etc. sound like good targets, producing a high tone response. This is because the bottle cap’s shape and flat surface resembles a coin which tricks the detector. With Garrett’s Tone Roll Audio, however, the bottle cap will produce a very distinctive response with multiple tones. As shown, the bottle cap will produce a distinctive Low-High- Low response as compared to the coin’s High-only response.
The AT Pro is engineered with a waterproof housing and connectors to protect in dusty, muddy, wet and humid environments. The AT Pro can be immersed in water to a 10-foot depth (maximum) to search in and along shorelines, rivers, piers, docks or swimming holes.
NOTE: Waterproof headphones (optional item shown in photo to left) must be used if the headphones are immersed in water. Standard headphones provided with AT Pro can not be submerged.
High-Res Iron Discrimination™
Use the (+) or (-) IRON DISC touchpads to precisely set iron discrimination to one of 40 levels for an unequalled ability to detect good targets amongst iron trash.
The target ID indicates a silver coin at 8 inches depth. The AT Pro's Pinpoint touchpad shows precise location. The Digital Target ID number of 85 corresponds with the Upper Scale Target ID Cursor.
Scattered iron objects in the ground can mask good targets and even create “ghost signals” that appear to be a good target. Garrett’s selectable Iron Audio feature allows the user to hear discriminated iron (normally silenced) in order to know the whole picture and avoid being tricked into digging an undesired target.
Iron Audio also allows the user to adjust the mid-tone’s range to include all targets above the point of discrimination. The user is effectively adjusting the cut-off between Low-tone discriminated trash targets and mid-tone targets. This Garrett feature works in both Standard and Pro Modes on the AT Pro. (See illustrations to the right.)
- Pro Mode Audio™: Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio™ features allow the user to hear characteristics of a target as they would in a True All-Metal Mode.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination™: Use touchpads to set iron discrimination in one of 40 levels for precise ability to separate good targets from trash.
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 Target ID scale offers increased ability to distinguish one target’s conductivity from another.
- Iron Audio™: Allows the user to hear discriminated iron and to alter the detector’s mid-tone signal’s range
- Fast Recovery Speed: Allows greater ability to pick out good targets amongst trash
- All Terrain Versatility: Weatherproof housing designed for dusty, humid or wet environments; unit can be submerged to a maximum 10-foot depth.
- 15 kHz Frequency: improved detection of small targets, gold nuggets, jewelry
- Ground Balance: automatic and manually adjustable for improved performance
- Graphic Target Analyzer™ (GTA): identifies target’s conductivity
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Battery Condition Indicator: shows battery life continually Search Modes (Discrimination Patterns): 6 plus electronic pinpointing
- Select from Custom, Zero or Coins in Standard Mode or in Professional Mode
- Upper Stem with extended Armrest Middle Stem with cam lock fasteners for extra stability during use