You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fisher Gold Bug 2 Metal Detector
If it's in the Ground or in the Water a Fisher
Metal Detector will Find it!!
Take Gold Detecting to a New Level with the Ultra High Frequency Gold Bug 2
Use Standard or as Hip-Mount
(belt not included)
Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug 2 is designed for finding gold nuggets. It offers extraordinary sensitivity, ultra-high frequency (the highest operating frequency on the market), iron-discrimination, dust and moisture resistance, audio-boost and the ability to operate in extremely mineralized soil with a 3-position mineralization switch. It comes with either a 6.5" or a 10" elliptical search coil for the same great price.
Now with the ultra-high operating frequency, the highest one on the market, combined with iron discrimination, you'll be striking it rich in no time! Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug 2 takes prospecting to a new level. The 71 kHz operating frequency gives increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets even in highly mineralized soil. With the Gold Bug 2's audio boost and iron discrimination mode you can now hear those faint, deep signals while avoiding hot rocks and ferrous targets.
Extraordinary sensitivity, ultra high operating frequency, iron discrimination, dust and moisture resistance, audio boost and the ability to operate in highly mineralized soil.
Now you can hunt with the next generation Gold Bug - the Gold Bug 2. Fisher engineers worked years to build a detector that would carry on the Gold Bug's well-deserved reputation as the world's premier nugget hunter, and here it is, the Gold Bug-2. Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug-2 is designed from the ground up for the sole purpose of finding gold nuggets. Using low-noise, precision-matched, temperature-compensated components and state-of-the-art circuitry, the Gold Bug-2 takes prospecting to a new level - 71 kHz - the highest operating frequency on the market. The result: Increased sensitivity to smaller and deeper nuggets in highly mineralized soil.
Switch on the Gold Bug-2's High Mineralization Mode, and you can hunt gold-bearing areas that were previously off limits. Flip a switch for the Gold Bug-2's Audio Boost Mode and hear those faint, deep signals. Or use the new Iron Discrimination Mode to help avoid hot rocks and ferrous targets. Meanwhile, a dust and moisture resistant control housing helps keep your Gold Bug-2 in peak operating condition.
Find Gold with Fisher's 71-kHz, Deep-Search Nugget Detector. The Gold Bug 2 is backed by Fisher's 5 year limited warranty and the commitment to quality that goes into every Fisher Detector.
- Converts to hip mount
- Only 2.9 pounds light with foam grip and cushioned arm rest
- Quartz-crystal locked electronics
- Only two drop-in batteries (2-9V batteries)
- Standard, 10-inch, shielded, waterproof elliptical search coil
- Optional 6.5 and 14-inch elliptical search coils
- Dual-knob, coarse/fine manual ground adjust control
- Built to take a beating with metal loop connectors and double-locking, fiberglass-reinforced lower stem
- Built-in Detector stand
- Adjust the sensitivity and test the battery with dual-purpose potentiometer
- Precisely ground balance with 2-tier knob, a coarse-tune knob stacked on top of a 16-turn, fine-tune knob
- Resist dust and moisture with sealed control housing
- Plug your headphones into stereo-mono input jack with removable weather seal
- Threshold: Small shaft on rear of control housing. Controls threshold tone
- Mode: Three-position toggle switch:
- Iron Disc Mode for iron and trash discrimination
- Normal Mode for normal, all metal operation
- Audio Boost Mode for hearing faint, deep targets
- Measures 53" Extended and 40" when Collapsed
- Weighs 2.9 lbs. (1.32kgs.)
- Frequency of 71kHz
- Mineralization Settings
- High Mineral (attenuated, fast autotune)
- Normal Mineral (fast autotune)
- Low Mineral (gain boosted, slow autotune)
- 3 Operating Modes
- All-Metal Autotune (Normal)
- All-Metal Autotune (Audio Boost)
- Iron Discrimination
- Carbon Zinc: 10-20 hours
- Alkaline: 25-35 hours
- Nicads: 5-10 hours
Kellyco Guarantees our customers the lowest price when buying your detector from us. When new detector models are introduced we need to take more time to check our competitors to live up to our 120% price guarantee. By asking you to call us for a price quotation it is your guarantee that the price quoted is the lowest and best price available.