Fisher M-97 Metal Detector
The Fisher M-97 is specially designed for finding buried or paved over valves, boxes, or manhole covers, or any other concealed metallic object. It also locates targets made of aluminum, brass and lead. The M-97 features push button tuning allowing the user to quickly and easily maintain optimum sensitivity for easy pinpointing of buried metallic objects. Plus, the M-97 offers auto-tune circuitry and a waterproof search coil.
New to the M series is the ease with which the M-97 can be stored. Just compact the lower stem, twist the search coil 90 degrees, and fold the search coil flat. The M-97 fits easily into the optional carrying case. In the Fisher tradition, the M-97 is affordable, tough, and simple to use while providing maximum performance. A two year limited warranty comes standard with the unit.
This locator is ideal for locating aluminum, brass, copper, iron, lead, nickel, tin or other metallic survey markers, water or gas meters, conduit, and manholes. M-97 can sense manholes up to 42" deep and valve boxes up to 18" deep. Search coil is immersible in water. Operating frequency of search coil: 4.5 kHz. Sensitivity: 0.2mV RMS for full scale. Output indication: meter, 1 milliamp, 0-100 linear scale. Speaker, 16 ohm impedance. Headset, 8 ohm impedance. Audio frequency 450 kHz. Power supply: Two 9V batteries.
2 Year Warranty:
Fisher warrants the M-97 to be free of defects in materials and workmanship when it is shipped from the factory. The terms of this warranty are fully explained in a warranty registration card that accompanies the instrument. Complete factory and field service facilities support the warranty. *Please call 1-888-KELLYCO for warranty information outside the United States.
- Output Frequencies of Search Coil: 4.5 kHz
- Sensitivity: 0.20 mv RMS for full scale
- Sensitivity Adjustment Range: 12:1
- Output Indication: Meter 1 milliamp, 0-100 linear scale
- Speaker: 16-ohm impedance
- Headset (optional): 8-ohm impedance
- Audio Frequency: 450 Hz
- Power Supply +9V supplies: (2) 9V batteries
- Battery Life Alkaline: 15-25 hours
- Power Consumption: (-9V) 13.8 mA
- At min. sound: 8 mA
- At max. sound: 50 mA
- At Audio threshold: 17.5 to 18.5 mA
- Search Coil Configuration: Double-D
- Weight with 8-inch search coil: 3.3 lbs. (1.5kg)
- Weight with 11-inch search coil: 3.9 lbs. (1.8kg)
- Dimensions: 38 to 50 inches (adjustable 96 to 127 cm)
- Shipping Dimensions: 6" x 13" x 35" (15.12 x 32.76 x 82.2 cm)