Fisher F75 Metal Detector
with Double-D Search Coil
If it's in the Ground or in the Water
a Metal Detector will Find it!!
Use Your F75 Right Out of The Box.
- Assemble the detector.
- Install batteries.
- Turn the knob located under the armrest, fully clockwise This turns the detector on and sets audio volume to maximum.
- Go outside. Toss a coin on the ground and sweep the search coil back and forth over it a few times to get a feel how the detector responds.
- You are now ready to search.
Introduction To The Fisher 75 Years
HIGH PERFORMANCE The F75 is a multi-purpose high-performance computerized metal detector. It has the high sensitivity and ground balancing control needed for professional gold prospecting, the discrimination responsiveness needed for serious relic hunting under difficult conditions, and visual target ID considered essential in searching for coins. The F75 operates at 13 kHz for good sensitivity to gold nuggets and jewelry as well as to coins. The F75 comes with an 11-inch elliptical Double D search coil for maximum detection depth in mineralized soils.
USER COMFORT The F75 is among the lightest and best balanced of all high-performance metal detectors, so you can hold and swing it almost effortlessly. The arm rest position is adjustable to fit your arm. The grip is durable high-friction foam elastomer, comfortable in any kind of weather. The controls are conveniently located and easy to learn how to use. Locking collars on the tubes eliminate rattling.
EASY-TO-USE & INFORMATIVE INTERFACE The entire menu is always visible on the LCD display. The LCD display indicates the electrical signature (target I.D.) of the detected metal object. The display provides continuous information on battery condition and on ground mineralization, which affects detection depth. Help messages are automatically displayed on the bottom of the display when necessary.
LOW OPERATING COST The F75 is powered by four AA alkaline batteries, which will typically last for more than 30 hours of use before needing replacement.
DESIGNED BY MANY OF THE INDUSTRY'S MOST TALENTED ENGINEERS The lead engineers on the F75 design team were John Gardiner and David Johnson. David Johnson's previous Fisher design credits include the CZ-platform, the Gold Bug-series, most of the 1200-series, Impulse Underwater Detector, CZ-20 Underwater Detector, FX3 magnetometer, the Gemini 2-box locator, the XLT-16 Acoustical Leak Detector, and the XLG-80 Ultrasonic Leak Detector. David was supported by fellow electrical engineers Jorge Corral, Dimitar Gargov, and Mark Krieger. The mechanical design was a collaboration among David Johnson, Brad Fulghum, John Griffin, and Tom Walsh.
- Intuitive menu-driven user interface
- Large LCD screen
- Visual indicators of important values such as:
- Target Identification
- Target Confidence
- Target Depth (both running-depth and pinpoint-depth)
- Ground Mineralization
- Multiple Search Modes:
- Static All-Metal
- Motion All-Metal
- Trigger-actuated FASTGRAB™ ground balancing with manual override
- Waterproof 11-inch open-frame elliptical Double D searchcoil
- Trigger-actuated target pinpointing with variable audio pitch
- Fully Adjustable Arm Rest
- Display backlight for night and low-light conditions
- Notch and discrimination controls
- Covers provided for both the control housing and battery box
- Light weight and well-balanced: best ergonomically engineered detector in the industry
- Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing mounted on handgrip, 3-piece breakdown, batteries under elbow, 2-way armrest adjustment forward/backward & around forearm.
- Searchcoil: 11" (28 cm) open-frame elliptical double-D, waterproof.
- Batteries: 4 AA, alkaline (included).
- Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) with alkaline batteries installed.
- Static Balance: Force in vertical plane normal to elbow 0.47 pounds (0.22 kg).Varies with adjustment and user's stance and arm/hand physiology.
- Dynamic Balance: Axial moment, 0.29 foot-pounds (0.39 newton-meters). Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
- Sweep Effort: Lateral moment 5.2 foot-pounds (7.1 newton-meters).
- Operating Principle: VLF induction balance
- Operating Frequency: Nominal 13 kHz, quartz crystal timing reference
- Basic Sensitivity: 6 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity)
- Lag Coefficient: 78 milliseconds
- Reactive Overload: Approx. 10,000 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility) 40,000 micro-cgs units w/ sensitivity < 30.
- Resistive Overload: Approx. 1,200 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility) 4,800 micro-cgs units w/ sensitivity < 30.
- Ground Balancing Range: From ferrite to salt, inclusive
- Discrimination Ground Suppression: Combination of second and third order methods allowing the F75 to opperate smoothly on different types of soil.
- ID Ground Suppression: Third order
- Battery Life: Typically 30 hours with high quality alkalines, somewhat less with rechargeables.
- Operating Temp Range: 4 to +122 degrees F (-20 to +50 degrees C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0-90% non-condensing
5 Year Limited Fisher Warranty