You have no items in your shopping cart.
White's Spectra Series VX3 Metal Detector
with Eclipse (950) 9.5" Concentric Search Coil
What is the Spectra VX3 metal detector? VX3 is closely related to the top-of-the-line White’s Spectra V3i Metal Detector. The new Spectra VX3 features have been carefully streamlined to use only what is required for top Spectra performance, an easy-to-tune and easy-to-use great performing metal detector.
How do you adjust settings? Another easy feature! Every setting is on the live control bar ALL THE TIME!
How easy is it to tune the Spectra VX3 metal detector? Right out of the box the VX3 has been set up to be easy to use and programmed for quiet and smooth operation. Settings are easy to understand and easy to modify for more aggressive operation. And, the VX3 has on on-board "Demo" program to show you just how easy this detector is to use.
How deep? It’s a question Whites is happy to answer! VX3 metal detector has everything needed to get top-of-the-line performance. "Head to Head" with the competition, you can be confident of VX3 depth and performance.
The Spectra Series VX3 represents the state-of-the-art in metal detecting technology. Three frequencies (2.5kHz, 7.5kHz, and 22.5kHz), color display, advanced features, and the ability to use wireless headphones produce a powerful and capable detector. VX3 has preset programs developed and refined by experts, leaving you ready to find what others have left behind.
The Spectra series is the result of years of research and development, time-proven manufacturing and testing techniques, and, most of all...listening to our customers.
|Factory Included Accessories||No|
|Search Coil Type||Concentric|
|Search Coil Size (in)||9.5"|
|Search Coil Shape||Round|
|Search Coil Build||Open|
|Waterproof Search Coil||Yes|
|Interchangeable Search Coil||Yes|
|Technology||VLF Multiple Frequency|
|Arm Rest Strap||Yes|
|Assembled Length Max (in)||53|
|Assembled Length Min (in)||45|
|Control Box Mount||Standard|
|Frequencies||2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, 22.5 kHz|
|Number of Frequencies||3|
|Programmable Target Id||Yes|
|Target Id Segments||191|
|Ground Balance||Automatic Ground Tracking|
|Search Mode Types||Coin / Jewelry, Coins, Deep Silver, Demo, Hi-Pro, Prospecting, Relics, Salt Beach|
|Battery Life (hr)||5 to 10 Hours|
|Exclusive Features||True Turn on and Go, Back Lit 320x240 QVGA Color, Wireless Ready, Live Control Bar, Spectra Graph|
White's Spectra Series VX3
Coinmaster Simplicity - Spectra Performance
The Spectra VX3 represents the state-of-the-art in metal detecting technology. Three frequencies, color display, advanced features, and the ability to use wireless headphones produce a powerful and capable detector. VX3 has preset programs developed and refined by experts, leaving you ready to find what others have left behind.
The heart of VX3 is a high-performance ARM-9 RISC microprocessor which simultaneously analyzes signals from 3 transmitted frequencies. Those frequencies - 2.5kHz, 7.5kHz, and 22.5kHz were chosen for their diverse responses to a variety of metal targets, resulting in a superior system of target analysis and identification.
The face of VX3 is a stunning 320x240 color display with an easy-to-use menu-driven interface. Along with three frequencies, there are three search modes and a three-level Spectra Graph display which provides detailed target information for each frequency. With a level of simplicity for the novice user and advanced features to satisfy the experienced user, VX3 is a metal detector for everyone.
8 Preset Programs
Expert-designed to get you out and hunting right out of box. Change programs with just a couple of key strokes on the Live Control Bar.
- Salt Beach
- Deep Silver
- Coin & Jewelry
Live Control Bar
Adjust one of eight key features with just a key stroke while you're searching! All of the features you expect from a top-of-the-line detector are here. Adjustable if you choose, but preset in the factory programs for turn-on-and-go ease.
All the important display information is here! Big, bold VDI numbers, target icons, on-the-fly depth reading, 3-frequency SpectraGraph target signature, Disc. Mask (accepted and rejected VDI numbers), Status Bar, and Live Control Bar.
Use ALL of the information available from all 3 VX3 frequencies to decide whether a target is worth digging. When bars are green and lined up vertically in a tight grouping, dig the target!
Smooth & Quiet
With the time-tested Eclipse 950 search coil and expertly engineered programs, VX3 is a pleasure to use in the field. Up your options with all of the V-compatible coils.
Equipped with just the essentials you need to get depth and sensitivity - no complex menu trees, no hidden layers, just solid, deep-seeking detection! Settings can be easily modified for more aggressive hunting.
VX's sophisticated calculations going on inside create dead-on precision pinpointing! The outlining rectangle serves as a signal "peak" indicator - useful in determining the exact position of the target.
VX3 is equipped with the wireless module for use with optional SpectraSound™ wireless headphones.
SpectraSound headphones are available
as an optional accessory.
- 2 Year Warranty
- Weight: 4.3 lbs (1.9 kgs)
- Frequencies: 2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, 22.5 kHz
- Eclipse 950 9.5" Concentric Search Coil
- Operating Mode: VLF / Induction Balance
- All Metal Audio: Array
- Disc Audio: All Options
- Battery Life: 8-10 Hours
- Length: 45" - 53" Adjustable
- Search Modes: 8, All Modifiable
- Coins, Coins / Jewelry, Salt Beach, Relic, Prospecting, Deep Silver, Hi-Pro, Demo
- Display: 320x240 QVGA Color, Backlit
- 8-AA Battery Operation (batteries included)
- Ground Balance Range: Ferrite to Salt (approx. 95 °)
- Audio Modes: 4 - Standard, All-Metal, Mixed Mode, Pinpoint
- Audio Output: Speaker, 1/4" Headphone, Wireless Headphones
- Discrimination: Ranges All VDI Numbers from -95 to +95
- Sensitivity: There are 3 Primary Sensitivity Settings: All-Metal, Gain and Discrimination
- All-Metal: Determines the Responsiveness of the All-Metal Channel. A Higher All-Metal Sensitivity Setting will Increase the Response Rate of Targets
- Gain: Sets the Gain of the Receiver's Input Amplifier. External Noise, Highly Mineralized Ground and the Quality of the Loop Null can Limit the Maximum Gain Setting
- Discrimination: Determines the Responsiveness of the Discrimination Channel. This is a Threshold Level, So Only Target Signals above the Threshold cause a Discrimination Response
- Frequency: VX3 is a 3-Frequency Metal Detector, but it has the Ability to Run in Other Optimized Frequency Modes
- Audio: Both Target and Threshold Volumes are Applied to All Audio Outputs - Speaker, Wired Headphones or Wireless Headphones
- SpectraGraph Target Signature: Use All of the Info Available from all 3 VX3 Frequencies to Decide Whether a Target is Worth Digging
- Ground Tracking: AutoTrac and LockTrac Select between Automatic and Manual Ground Balance. AutoTrac is the Default in Most Programs
- Filters: Separate the Target Responses from the Ground Response. Filters are also used to Minimize EMI Noise. The Best Filter to use Depends on the Strength of Ground Mineralization Plus Other Factors
- Backlight: In Shade or Low Sunlight you May Need to Turn on the Backlight. Brightness can be set from 1 to 20. Keep in Mind that More Backlight Draws More Power, so for Maximum Battery Life Try to Keep the Backlight to a Minimum
You must be logged in to submit a review. Log in
Review by Kyle H on October 06, 2014
I've owned my vx3 for roughly a month now. Although the machine runs ok with the stock 9.5 coil. I'd recommend buying the 10" double d coil. It runs a lot better. My deepest target was an 12 inch piece of junk. But it has no problems picking up dimes and quarters near that depth as well. This detector is worth it.