Treasure Hunters Code of Ethics
- I Will respect private property and will not treasure hunt without the owner's permission.
- I Will Not destroy private property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
- I Will Not litter and will pick up any trash that I dig up or find on the ground while treasure hunting.
- I Will leave gates as found.
- I Will Not contaminate wells, creeks, or other water supplies.
- I Will fill all excavations that are made while treasure hunting.
- I Will Not tamper with signs, structural facilities or equipment.
- I Will appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife, and private property.
- I Will use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.
- I Will protect my hobby, and always act as a goodwill ambassador.
Be polite and informative to those who inquire about your hobby - you are the ambassador of a pastime we want to protect and we will be judged by how you act & respond.